How long is your ROL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many programs are you ranking (or did you rank)?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 8.0%

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 8+

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

DrWuStar

YUM
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many programs are you (or did you) rank? Just interested in deep most people go.

Members don't see this ad.

I went to seven interviews and am ranking six programs.
I am an AMG.

this is an interesting question and one that I can't completely answer yet.

I interviewed at 8 programs.

my top 2 i feel really great about and would be absolutely thrilled to go to either one.

the next 2 I feel good about it and would be really happy to go there.

the next 2 I'm ambivalent about, I guess I'll rank them, but I'd be kind of disappointed if I wound up there.

the next 2, I think I'd be pretty unhappy if I wound up at either of these, for different reasons. I can't decide if it's worth the risk to not rank these two.

I'm really curious to see how everyone else is deciding about their rank lists.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 13 programs, got interviews to 12, interviewed at 7 and will be raking all 7.

I will be ranking 11 programs.

I interviewed at 15, am ranking 13. I feel lucky in that I liked many of the programs I saw, and I'd be almost just as happy to match at my 7th or 8th choice as my 1st.

This poll is pointless... clearly there will be a difference in number of ranks for AMG vs IMG/FMG and you didnt clarify what is "the rank list" for those who ranked multiple specialties (Yes, NRMP indicates that they do exist some even rank 3+ specialties).

This poll is pointless... clearly there will be a difference in number of ranks for AMG vs IMG/FMG and you didnt clarify what is "the rank list" for those who ranked multiple specialties (Yes, NRMP indicates that they do exist some even rank 3+ specialties).

Hmmm ... that might make the poll imperfect, non-generalizable. But pointless? I still think the poll is interesting, and a starting ground for discussion.

I'm ranking 14. Weirdly I have the list from 4-14 pretty well done but am still having a ton of difficulty with deciding on #1-3.

Eleven. I'm not convinced that it's necessary, but I'd rather do a psychiatry residency at any of the programs where I interviewed than not match.