How long should I wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crrees

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a school meets on Jan. 15th to decide the fates of the second round, how long should i wait before calling? Or should I not call and wait for a letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I call all the time...... I don't think it can really hurt to call..... unless of course you act like a fool on the phone.... But calling/emailing at least shows you are interested... and a little name recognition never hurts either

For many schools, the 15th is the deadline. More specifically, a candidate may be required to have the deposit postmarked by then. The letter could take several days to travel to the otherside of the country. Then the committee has to meet sometime after all that (usually on a Friday), and send a letter out, which could also take a couple days to reach you. It may take a week or two, depending on whether they decide on the 18th or the 25th, before you hear anything.

I call all the time...... I don't think it can really hurt to call..... unless of course you act like a fool on the phone.... But calling/emailing at least shows you are interested... and a little name recognition never hurts either

what do you say when you email, hey i interviewed and i still really want to go to your school please let me know when i will find out?

i have heard nothign from SO many schools so I'm trying to see if I can do something similliar to encourage these last bit of interviews that might still be left? i agree name recogniztion is good and shows interest but some places like Upitt doesn't EVER respond! I'm gonna call this week and try to get some answers again but they dont' take down your name when you call so no recognition of interest...which could be bad or good.