How long to study Dr. Collins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

napoleonpp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife is about to finish up her pre-reqs prior to applying to pharmacy school. She just registered for the PCAT yesterday and is scheduled to take it mid-September. She has been studying the Kaplan PCAT study guide for just a few days now. Her birthday is July 25th and I'm looking at getting her Dr. Collins to make sure she has the best material to study. Will studying from July 25th to September 17th be enough time? Keep in mind she will be attending a few science classes and Calculus 1 at the same time. I was going to get her an iPhone 6. I know study materials aren't the ideal gift but she's super excited to even be this far in the process and can't wait to apply. Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the PCAT 5 days ago and did very well and I only studies dr. Collins material. Make sure she goes through all the exams , 17 Chen, 7 math, 10 bio, verbal stuff a few times. This is the KEY to doing good on the pcat. I study a little at a time so I needed about 3 months but it's definitely duable in a few months. If she can do all the exams a few time and understands the reasoning behind the questions she will do fine. I first did the study guides and then the exams. Another key is to trust that dr.collins material is the real deal. I didn't trust that his material would be any good on the verbal and boy was I wrong...I had the same essay topic as the 2014 update and the ALOT of the exact same questions word for word from his practice exams. Dr. Collins material is GOLD for PCAT!

Ok thanks a lot for your help!! I bought I used one from 2012 I believe, but has all the updates all the way up to the 2015. That should suffice right?