How long to study for Step 2 CK and CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incendiary

Fantabulous Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to schedule my Step 2 CK and CS exams soon. I have about two weeks in early Jan and then about 3-4 weeks in May. I'm graduating in late May, though, so I'd prefer to have a little more time to vacation/relax and spend less time studying for an exam I probably won't care about by then.

What are typical study lengths and materials for these two exams? I would guess First Aid for both, 2 weeks for CK, and ??? days/weeks for CS?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

This has been discussed many times over, you can try a search and get fast er results than waiting for people to post, but....

For step 2 CK, it depends on what you want out of it. If you just wanna pass, then 2 weeks is good. Use first aid and the brochert (sp?) books. Do lots of questions. If you want a higher score, which is doubtful since you will take it in either Jan or May, then study longer and more detail.

For Step 2 CS, it is hard to say. I have heard of "stories" of really bright people who have failed CS. It is only P/F, with no score or any indication of how good/poor you did in certain areas. I think if you got First Aid for CS and read it over 1 week, you would pass. First Aid is WAY overkill. Do not worry about the details about DD and lab tests, ect....

Good luck and let me know if you have any more ?

BatmanMD said:
This has been discussed many times over, you can try a search and get fast er results than waiting for people to post, but....

For step 2 CK, it depends on what you want out of it. If you just wanna pass, then 2 weeks is good. Use first aid and the brochert (sp?) books. Do lots of questions. If you want a higher score, which is doubtful since you will take it in either Jan or May, then study longer and more detail.

For Step 2 CS, it is hard to say. I have heard of "stories" of really bright people who have failed CS. It is only P/F, with no score or any indication of how good/poor you did in certain areas. I think if you got First Aid for CS and read it over 1 week, you would pass. First Aid is WAY overkill. Do not worry about the details about DD and lab tests, ect....

Good luck and let me know if you have any more ?

Cool, thanks Batman.