How long was your essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ijeoma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine was 3 pages full of JARGON!

Members don't see this ad.

I had two full pages but I'm not that excited about the content. Seriously, if you take one minute to "plan" your essay on page 3 you're screwed as far as finishing the essay. It's ridiculous how you're supposed to come up with a quality essay in 30 minutes after looking at an ambiguous topic for 30 seconds. Good lord, I'll be happy if I get a 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the January PCAT and recieved a 4 on the Writing Section. I really don't think length is that important unless you write something crazy short. I think your style, usage, and content of your essay is more important than the length of your essay. So don't stress about it!! ;)

acetyl said:
I took the January PCAT and recieved a 4 on the Writing Section. I really don't think length is that important unless you write something crazy short. I think your style, usage, and content of your essay is more important than the length of your essay. So don't stress about it!! ;)

I agree with you acetyl (Co A maybe?? :confused: ) The one i took in June, i got a 4 outta 5 and to me it was also jargon-filled but with good structure and style.

Yeah, mine was definitely jargon filled lol. After writing my essay, I laughed at how ridiculous it sounded. I actually almost filled all 3 pages because I had 3 body paragraphs but lots of jargon.

I wrote a page and a half. I agree, it did hurt to use page three to "plan". I should have just started writing. :rolleyes:

It's never bad to plan as long as the time constraint is considered. My planning for the PCAT essay last summer consisted of four sentences which were my main points. The essay just came out after that.

Most interview situations will require an impromptu essay. I was called upon to defend my essay during the interview itself. Having planned it out helped to cement it in my mind and helped me to write something that I really believed - rather than just a bunch of BS.

Anyway...planning is good.

twester said:
It's never bad to plan as long as the time constraint is considered. My planning for the PCAT essay last summer consisted of four sentences which were my main points. The essay just came out after that.

Most interview situations will require an impromptu essay. I was called upon to defend my essay during the interview itself. Having planned it out helped to cement it in my mind and helped me to write something that I really believed - rather than just a bunch of BS.

Anyway...planning is good.

Four sentences that consist of main points sounds like a good idea.

I took the pcat in october 2005, and i was surprised to get 4 on the writing part. the topic was something about the universe. I just b.s about it. I wrote only one page and a half. lol

PrePHarm22 said:
I took the pcat in october 2005, and i was surprised to get 4 on the writing part. the topic was something about the universe. I just b.s about it. I wrote only one page and a half. lol

My planning was 1 sentence, and after that, i felt like the other ideas will roll out once i started wrting something....and yeah thats how i ended up with 3 pages. :rolleyes:

My essay was around 2 and 1/2 pages. the planning consisted of 3 bullet points which were my main points...