1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

how long would it take...

Discussion in 'Step I' started by realruby2000, Apr 26, 2004.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

to read first aid in one day? (and retain some of what you've actually read)
    I know its like a 300 pages, but each page has so much information!!
    has anyone read the whole book in like a 10 hour study day?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I'm confused. Are you actually planning on reading (and learning) all of First Aid in one day?

Like you said, if it's 300 pages, and you have 10 hours, that's 600 minutes. That's one page every two minutes, without breaks. Pretty tough to do. :eek:

4. Claymore

Claymore Yankees Suck
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It also depends on how well you already know it; the first time I read the Biochemistry section it took me all day b/c I hadn't done any biochem in a while and there are a bunch of pain-in-the-arse charts and diagrams to memorize. But after I went through it a few more times I can get through it a lot faster now.

I would never be able to read the entire book for the first time in one day.

5. Solace

Solace Member
    7+ Year Member

Heck, I couldn't read it in two days....not without just skimming a lot of the material with low retention.

6. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    yeah i just read the first aid section for pharm which i had been annotating all semester and it took me all day to read........and remember and comprehend.

you could read it i'm sure, but you probably won't retain or understand much.

later