How many can you fill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmProfit

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have one Pharmacist and one tech, no clerks or cashiers. How many can you fill in a given 8 hour shift?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have one Pharmacist and one tech, no clerks or cashiers. How many can you fill in a given 8 hour shift?
1,000,000 prescriptions.

Assuming they're all

ZPAK #6 2TPOD1 1TD2-5 0RF

Reactions: 2 users
Depends how much I ignore the phone and ignore message/tpr/dur/msc's queue

Members don't see this ad :)
So odd that you ask this given the fact that I have recently experienced something like this. DM was asking me how many RXs I thought should have bene done instead of the actual, given that I had disappointed both RXM and DM on a day i worked a 12 hour shift with just one other staff member.

I would say I could do about 15-20 per hour by myself if things go smoothly and not every script is a battle with ins or tons of mfg change etc and not many phone calls

150+ solo (help from automation though) in 7 hours...I think a tech would actually slow things down a bit? Highly depends on the time of day. Given an ideal scenario & ridiculous hours (12am to 8am) I would say 250-300 Rx (have done before when I was a tech without automation).

Who cares.

Reactions: 2 users
Over 9000

Reactions: 3 users
Many years ago, I picked up a Sunday shift and did 120 by myself.

I think the goal would be around 150 on a weekday.

If I am not interrupted by anything, I have timed myself to be at about 8-9 scripts filled every 10 minutes. This does not count typing/reviewing/verifying, just filling. This also assumes you don't have to change a manufacturer or something is oos/pfl, at least for the purposes of my optimal fill time. I think it would be reasonable if your tech was working the front to complete a script every 2-3 minutes with verifying which works out to 20 an hour on the low end. Any faster and you're asking for problems. In an 8 hour day, that can be 160, so the other posts seem about on point.