How many Cs are too many?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timbutt2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been on the Deans list every semester for 2 and 1/2 years-My GPA is a 3.68, but this semester...I think this semester is going to kill me...I'm taking 17 hours. Organic Chem 2-neurobio, cell bio, bio chem and genetics lab. I've got at least 2 As-but it's possible that I could get 3 Cs-though I am going to work my butt off-If say-worst case scenario-I get 3 Cs-will this kill my chances of getting into pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

I had 2 Cs, a C+, a D (replaced by an A later) in my last two years in undergrad. I got into three schools and had interview offers from four schools. Then again, I got a 94 on the PCAT so that compensated for my prolonged senioritis.

Cs won't look good, but you can compensate with a great PCAT and a better Fall 2008 semester. So, those Cs won't automatically kill your app.

Same stories with me; I had two Cs that probably hurt me a bit, but not to the point where I didn't get in anywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 4 C's, but all of them where in english classes.. comp1,2 west lit1,2

Me not well at english:laugh:

I had 2 Cs, a C+, a D (replaced by an A later) in my last two years in undergrad. I got into three schools and had interview offers from four schools. Then again, I got a 94 on the PCAT so that compensated for my prolonged senioritis.

Cs won't look good, but you can compensate with a great PCAT and a better Fall 2008 semester. So, those Cs won't automatically kill your app.

Well that makes me feel better-so not all hope is lost. I probably won't end up with 3 Cs. But preparing for the worst comforts me in some sick way! :oops:

8 Cs, 1 D (replaced by a B) and on my way to a PharmD. It happens.

from my undergrad work, i've gotten 6 C's and a W ... and I was accepted to pleanty of schools ... nothing is impossible

I'd have to look at my UALR transcript again, but if I remember right 3 C's, a C+ and a D (replaced by a D, yes another one) Of course I haven't been accepted anywhere yet. I'm trying to save my 1000th post for that. :rolleyes:

I had a C+ and C both replaced by As and then a D+ replaced by a C... Depends on your GPA how many Cs are too many. If you have strong above 3.5 GPA, I wouldn't worry about 2-3 Cs unless they are in important courses like cell or organic!

I had 4 C's, but all of them where in english classes.. comp1,2 west lit1,2

Me not well at english:laugh:

There is something about these non-science course especially the ones which are completely subjective (i.e. English/Writing, Public Speaking) when it comes to grading, that always gets me for less than an A. Don't get me wrong, I do find them be a great deal of work and if anything, time consuming. Course I tend to slightly set those courses aside for the science ones.

I had a bunch of C's my first year and I think a W and a V mostly nonscience. Blamed it on too much play, improved significantly in the end. Mostly the reason had a 3.1 instead of a 3.4 in undergraduate. Got pretty good PCAT Score and had a Masters Degree with a solid GPA. Got into the only school I applied to first time around. I think it depends on the course load and the rest of the package whether they make a big deal of it or not.