Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How many Cs are too many?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by timbutt2, Apr 11, 2007.

1. timbutt2

Pharmacy Student
    I've been on the Deans list every semester for 2 and 1/2 years-My GPA is a 3.68, but this semester...I think this semester is going to kill me...I'm taking 17 hours. Organic Chem 2-neurobio, cell bio, bio chem and genetics lab. I've got at least 2 As-but it's possible that I could get 3 Cs-though I am going to work my butt off-If say-worst case scenario-I get 3 Cs-will this kill my chances of getting into pharmacy school?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    I had 2 Cs, a C+, a D (replaced by an A later) in my last two years in undergrad. I got into three schools and had interview offers from four schools. Then again, I got a 94 on the PCAT so that compensated for my prolonged senioritis.

Cs won't look good, but you can compensate with a great PCAT and a better Fall 2008 semester. So, those Cs won't automatically kill your app.

4. evilolive

evilolive Member

Pharmacy Student
    Same stories with me; I had two Cs that probably hurt me a bit, but not to the point where I didn't get in anywhere.

5. MR. C

Pharmacy Student
    I had 4 C's, but all of them where in english classes.. comp1,2 west lit1,2

Me not well at english:laugh:

6. timbutt2

Pharmacy Student
    Well that makes me feel better-so not all hope is lost. I probably won't end up with 3 Cs. But preparing for the worst comforts me in some sick way! :oops:

7. Rxbound

Rxbound Senior Member

8 Cs, 1 D (replaced by a B) and on my way to a PharmD. It happens.

8. penguins429

Pharmacy Student
    from my undergrad work, i've gotten 6 C's and a W ... and I was accepted to pleanty of schools ... nothing is impossible

9. Farmercyst

Farmercyst On with the Poodles already
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    I'd have to look at my UALR transcript again, but if I remember right 3 C's, a C+ and a D (replaced by a D, yes another one) Of course I haven't been accepted anywhere yet. I'm trying to save my 1000th post for that. :rolleyes:

10. Idesiretosling

Pharmacy Student
    I had a C+ and C both replaced by As and then a D+ replaced by a C... Depends on your GPA how many Cs are too many. If you have strong above 3.5 GPA, I wouldn't worry about 2-3 Cs unless they are in important courses like cell or organic!

11. LECOMorBUST

Pharmacy Student
    There is something about these non-science course especially the ones which are completely subjective (i.e. English/Writing, Public Speaking) when it comes to grading, that always gets me for less than an A. Don't get me wrong, I do find them be a great deal of work and if anything, time consuming. Course I tend to slightly set those courses aside for the science ones.

12. hreiss

hreiss New Member

Non-Student
    I had a bunch of C's my first year and I think a W and a V mostly nonscience. Blamed it on too much play, improved significantly in the end. Mostly the reason had a 3.1 instead of a 3.4 in undergraduate. Got pretty good PCAT Score and had a Masters Degree with a solid GPA. Got into the only school I applied to first time around. I think it depends on the course load and the rest of the package whether they make a big deal of it or not.