How many DPT programs should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cal11223

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having trouble deciding how many PT schools to apply to given my stats. Applying to mainly Florida schools. Would love any input.
cGPA: 3.84
pGPA: 3.72
GRE: 147 V, 154 Q, 4.5 AWA
Observation: 180ish hours in inpatient and outpatient
Extracurriculars: lots of clubs and some leadership positions

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Our stats are really similar! I'm not too sure about Florida schools but I posted my stats to reddit and someone commented that they had similar stats as mine and got into FIU and U of Florida if that helps! I'm applying to a lot of schools just because I'm nervous about not getting into PT school the first time but I suppose its up to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Our stats are really similar! I'm not too sure about Florida schools but I posted my stats to reddit and someone commented that they had similar stats as mine and got into FIU and U of Florida if that helps! I'm applying to a lot of schools just because I'm nervous about not getting into PT school the first time but I suppose its up to you.
I have a feeling I’ll end up applying to around 8. I’m just nervous about my verbal score for the GRE. I think im going to retake it but need to put the time in to actually study

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the GRE score should be fine! that's what I've been told cuz my verbal score is a 149 and a lot of people have just said to apply to schools without a minimum of 150. Just hoping for the best

Having trouble deciding how many PT schools to apply to given my stats. Applying to mainly Florida schools. Would love any input.
cGPA: 3.84
pGPA: 3.72
GRE: 147 V, 154 Q, 4.5 AWA
Observation: 180ish hours in inpatient and outpatient
Extracurriculars: lots of clubs and some leadership positions
You should be accepted to schools that don't require GRE. Since your stats are pretty good (unless schools ask for V GRE to be above your score), prioritize cheaper schools.