How many FL's did you take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badasshairday

Vascular and Interventional Radiology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many full lengths have you guys taken?

How often do you take them?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the response guys.

How often did you guys take them?

I've been doing one every week or two. I am studying for the May 11th exam and its crunch time now.

What do you guys suggesT?

My friend told me that I should study the material for two weeks straight and then just take a lot of full lengths at the end, like every few days. I still have kaplan FL 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and AAMC 7,8,9.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took 3 TPR practice full lengths, the first three I did, and they were much harder than the real thing.

Once the e-mcat.com tests by the AAMC became available, i ate those up. I avoided the older ones, and did tests 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 from that set.

No more than one a week, and I spent MUCH more time reviewing the tests I took than I ever did taking tests. The stuff you learn AFTER the exam far outweighs the actual testing experience.

Also, I highly recommend you do the exams in one sitting, all the way through. I usually skipped the writing section, which most people don't fret too much about. It's important to simulate the testing experience under harsh timed settings. It also builds up brain stamina, cause you will be worn out by the time you hit biological.

I agree with .Surgical. taking the exams all the way through and trying to simulate the actual test day as much as possible is probably the best thing you can do. The later AAMC exams will probably be the best (8-10)

I mainly studied until about one month from the test then i started taking practice tests. My mcat was scheduled for Thursday april 12th at noon, so once a week, every thursday at noon, I would sit down and take my pratice test all the way through. When I got done, I went back and reviewed the answer to every question. It really helped me see a few areas i needed improvements in. So, inbetween practice tests i worked on those areas...

I've done 4 so far and plan to do at least 4 or 5 more. I've been doing them every Saturday, and will keep doing that (except for finals week...).