1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How many FL's did you take?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by badasshairday, Apr 13, 2007.

1. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    How many full lengths have you guys taken?

How often do you take them?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Im done with the real deal and in preparation I took 12

4. xxRJxx

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I took four FLs all together...they definitely helped my timing

5. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for the response guys.

How often did you guys take them?

I've been doing one every week or two. I am studying for the May 11th exam and its crunch time now.

What do you guys suggesT?

My friend told me that I should study the material for two weeks straight and then just take a lot of full lengths at the end, like every few days. I still have kaplan FL 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and AAMC 7,8,9.

6. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    One a week normally

7. .surgical.

.surgical. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I took 3 TPR practice full lengths, the first three I did, and they were much harder than the real thing.

Once the e-mcat.com tests by the AAMC became available, i ate those up. I avoided the older ones, and did tests 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 from that set.

No more than one a week, and I spent MUCH more time reviewing the tests I took than I ever did taking tests. The stuff you learn AFTER the exam far outweighs the actual testing experience.

Also, I highly recommend you do the exams in one sitting, all the way through. I usually skipped the writing section, which most people don't fret too much about. It's important to simulate the testing experience under harsh timed settings. It also builds up brain stamina, cause you will be worn out by the time you hit biological.

8. xxRJxx

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I agree with .Surgical. taking the exams all the way through and trying to simulate the actual test day as much as possible is probably the best thing you can do. The later AAMC exams will probably be the best (8-10)

I mainly studied until about one month from the test then i started taking practice tests. My mcat was scheduled for Thursday april 12th at noon, so once a week, every thursday at noon, I would sit down and take my pratice test all the way through. When I got done, I went back and reviewed the answer to every question. It really helped me see a few areas i needed improvements in. So, inbetween practice tests i worked on those areas...

9. apricotattack

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I've done 4 so far and plan to do at least 4 or 5 more. I've been doing them every Saturday, and will keep doing that (except for finals week...).