how many hours a week do you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

97obw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
exactly as the title asks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What? Are you serious? How can you study 28 hrs a week. That's like 4 hours per day

That's doable, if she does it the way I do it: Pretend I'm "researching" or "typing" some homework up..in reality I am surfing the net and aiming.

But seriously.
For the question: how many hours a week do you study?
Answer: Enough

i cant seem to get focused!!! ahh its really hard even if im in the library

Yes, I am serious. Part of the time I do end up surfing the net, because I have to find articles for our discussions for my Economics class.

Here's the deal. I am a nontraditional student and I am taking my classes through a community college online (nonscience of course). I have a preschooler at home with me all day, and my husbands grandparents live with us, so I help take care of Granny who is ill. At this time the only volunteering I can do is make quilts for Project Linus, and I do not have any experience in a pharmacy yet.

I know that I have to prove myself more than people that go through a University or have a bachelors degree under thier belt. In order to do this, I study, a lot. Today, while my husband worked out, I only got two hours of studying in, I worked on my study guide for my Econ class, as well as the last paper that I have to do for that class. Later while everyone else watched tv, I finished the paper for Econ.

This is my job, I take it very seriously. Some would say I am too serious about this, but, I have a goal, and I just have to work towards that goal.

wow misty you must study a lot more for science courses. 28 hours is a lot to me for nonscience. I hope you aren't counting time you spend listening to the online lectures, because I spend quite a lot of time going to lecture but I think we're talking about outside of going to school or listening to lectures, for example reading books, working out problems, etc.

i minimize studying time while maximizing my grades :D

I study for tests/exams 3-4 days before for about 4 hours a day.

i minimize studying time while maximizing my grades :D

Any advice on how to do this? I try but it doesn't work for me. It is hard to actually sit down with a book and read.

No real lectures for the classes, basically tells you what to read, and what the assignments are. The biggest thing I am constantly studying for is Economics. I hate the class, its dull so I have to really focus on it.

No real lectures for the classes, basically tells you what to read, and what the assignments are. The biggest thing I am constantly studying for is Economics. I hate the class, its dull so I have to really focus on it.

ah... yea that would take up more time for studying since you don't have lectures to help you understand the book and makes it harder to just read the book once and know the material.

not much, just start studying 2 days b4 test for like 4 hours, then all nighter b4 exam....no exam in the week, then no studying

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, I study 56 hours a week =) (some of my classmates accuse me of lowballing oddly enough)

Binghamkid studies way too much...it's true.

But when I added it up, I'm probably averaging about 35-40 hours a week, especially if I keep having 3 exams a week *grumbles*

Undergrad wise, I probably studied 3-4 hours a day. I was a studious one :)

Binghamkid studies way too much...it's true.

But when I added it up, I'm probably averaging about 35-40 hours a week, especially if I keep having 3 exams a week *grumbles*

Undergrad wise, I probably studied 3-4 hours a day. I was a studious one :)

Yes, but Utterdevotion's the one that is doing super well in the classes. I'm just getting by.

Yes, but Utterdevotion's the one that is doing super well in the classes. I'm just getting by.

Yea, try to post as I'm heading to bed!!!

(don't listen to him, he has one of the highest grades in the class! AND makes study guides for the class, AND finishes articles that are due in NOVEMBER!)

Yea, try to post as I'm heading to bed!!!

(don't listen to him, he has one of the highest grades in the class! AND makes study guides for the class, AND finishes articles that are due in NOVEMBER!)

That would be because you decided that you'd go to bed at 2!

(And don't listen to her, she's about to get elected as class secretary, AND she sends out organized calendars for everyone, AND she's much much nicer than i am)

binghamkid and utterdevotion seem to have some chemistry going on... :D

note: they go to the same school. UMD

That would be because you decided that you'd go to bed at 2!

(And don't listen to her, she's about to get elected as class secretary, AND she sends out organized calendars for everyone, AND she's much much nicer than i am)

....RIGHT. (because YOU'RE about to become class PRESIDENT....)

It depends on the class. Right now Im averaging about 6 hours a week - mostly because of organic. Usually it is less, but Im only taking 2 classes.

I study about 6 hours a day during the week. I am taking O Chem 1, Quantitative analysis, Anatomy, and religion. On the weekends I only study about two hours a day because that is when I work. Studying is my life during the week.

Ideally, and I stress the word ideally, I would like to spend anywhere between 25-35 hours a week studying. In reality...well...I find myself cramming for exams the night before...not smart.