How many hours/day do you guys study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blondnuttyboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im just curious....everyone talks about burning out, crunch time, taking it easy, etc...lets see what the median is...

Members don't see this ad.

I usually always at least have notecards in my hand..I wouldn't say I do 5+ hours of indepth studying, but I'm continuously going over passages and trying to tie different concepts together for the physical science portion... If I feel like I'm burning out, I usually take half the day off and go out and party (not drink). Like I did last night lol.

I gotta say I'm already burnt out & my exam's not for another 2 months! Any advice on how to keep the momentum going? Are people really putting in 5+ hours everyday? :smuggrin:

I gotta say I'm already burnt out & my exam's not for another 2 months! Any advice on how to keep the momentum going? Are people really putting in 5+ hours everyday? :smuggrin:

I burned out before my April exam, and it probably adversely affected me. I took a month off of studying while waiting on scores, and now i'm putting in AT LEAST 5 hours a day during the summer until my retake 8/9. I'm forcing myself 5 hours of ACTIVE studying, not counting my time with Audio Osmosis. I don't love it, but considering even at my retake I'll have only had 1/2 my prereqs, I have to have that much time in order to learn/relearn/and cement everything in my brain.

:luck: !

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm studying 5ish hours / day. I just started 10 or so days ago, and I've just got 10 or so days left. I've finished all but two of the EK lessons, which I'll finish by the end of today (hopefully, but I'm just not getting this optics stuff). The next 10 days'll be full of practice problems and re-reading EK Bio and EK Organistry.

I started out with a 38 on AAMC CBT3 (before studying), and it's been downhill from there.. :confused:

36 on CBT 4... 35 on CBT 5.

I might be burning out, who knows. I'll take CBT 6 tomorrow. Hopefully now that I'm a lot more comfortable with organistry and organismal biology I'll do better.

On CBT3 I scored a 14 Bio-wise, and on CBT4 I scored a 9 :eek:. On CBT5 I cleared an 11.

i put a good 10+ hours a day. i feel like im screwin myself if i put less. but what i do is i spend all day on 2 chapters/main topics (ex: Electrochemistry and Optics) and each day is a different subject. for example, today is orgo, and ill be covering Alkene reactions and Carbonyl functional groups. but i spend the entire day focusing only on these two subjects, looking at both EK and TPR information. tomarrow is BIO and ill be doing evolution and genetics. day after that, physics, day after that gen chem, then i start again with orgo. burned out? HELLLL YESSSS. but i keep going. i do make sure i go out at least once a weak tho, and sometimes i do 5+ hours a day just to give myself a break.

edit: im taking my exam in july/august depending on how i do on practice exams at that point.

I've been studying for this darn thing since January. I can't study more than 2 hours/day on the weekdays, as I am working full-time and finishing my master's thesis. I study about 3-5 hrs on Saturday and about 6 hrs. on Sunday. I wouldn't say I'm burned out, but I'm so ready to get this thing over with so I can have some semblance of a life back! Only 10 more days!

I think that if I averaged it out it would be about 2 hours a day, but I was studying at this rate from December though when I took the exam in January. I also tended to not study for 3 or 4 days and then study for 10 hours in a day. This way worked for me so that I could balance my other coursework. In the two weeks leading up to the exam, after all my other classes were done, I probably averaged about 5 hours/day.