how many hours did you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronaldo23

The Truth
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
obvi no one knows exact, but including all your prac tests give a ballpark estimate or range of hours you think you studied for this test......also include the number of months as well

Members don't see this ad.

Well, for the 1st month I was at about 10 hrs/wk

For the 2nd month it was about 20 hrs/wk

And that last month was around 25 or 30 hrs/wk

So I guess that's, what, 220 - 240 hrs? Something like that.

I have been studying intermittently for about 6 months now. During the school year maybe a few hours a week, during breaks I kick it up for 6-7 hours a day. I took the MCAT on April 5th and again today. Hopefully i start seeing some results for my work :(

Last edited:
From about January to April, I studied about 10-20 hours per week. Then after exams, from about May 2-May 25th, I studied 6-9 hours a day on the weekdays. On the weekends, I studied around 4-6 hours a day. So for the last month, around 40 hours a week. Wow, it's crazy to think how much time was dedicated to it when it's broken down like that. lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
7 weeks straight, 6 days a week anywhere from 4-8 hours per day but averaging around 5 hours a day so roughly 210-220 hours.

600 hrs for my third and final attempt.

Although I'd studied at least 250-300 for the first two, the extra time paid off with the last go of it.

Overall totals? 1000-1200 hrs, over 17 months.

Jesus. WAAAAY too much time.

600 hrs for my third and final attempt.

Although I'd studied at least 250-300 for the first two, the extra time paid off with the last go of it.

Overall totals? 1000-1200 hrs, over 17 months.

Jesus. WAAAAY too much time.

That's awful... I studied for 2 months probably 225 hours total.. We'll see how it payed off in July!