How many hours do you work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrEcho

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many hours per week do you think you spend doing dental related activities (either at school, doing homework, studying, etc)?

Members don't see this ad.

MrEcho said:
How many hours per week do you think you spend doing dental related activities (either at school, doing homework, studying, etc)?

i spend about 20 hours a week in a dental office working... i havent started school yet, so thats all for now.

40 hours a week in school on a normal week. 50+ in a week if there is a lot of lab work: partials, full dentures, veneers, etc

15-20 hours a week after school studying during crunch time (many exams) and about 5 hours a week when there aren't too many exams

Long story short, there is no avg and it all depends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are these accurate?!? That’s not half as bad as I was thinking! Anyone else work more/less?

I am not in dental school yet so i cant tell you the time i study or if these figures are accurate but what i can tell you is that my brother told me that people in medical school bluff about the amount of time studying for what ever reason. I have also read about this in the premed forum recently so take a look around in there if you want peoples take on it.

they exaggerate up or down?

I'm in class or clinic pretty much from 7:30 AM to 5:00 or 5:30 P.M. every day. That's 45 - 50 hours of school right there. Add a couple hours of lab work and studying (only if I absolutely have to :D) and you are right at 50 - 60 hours.

i brush my teeth everyday, sometimes twice...i'd say it takes ~35 mins/week

A week? When there's no exams, oh about 6 hrs of lab and 1 or 2 hr of lecture where they take attendance.

A week with exams? Probably 5-12 hr total study time.

Whew! 50-60 I can handle. At least thats one thing I can stop stressing about!