How many hours of sleep during Finals. . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WinterLights

are you running on? I am averaging about 3 hours per night. I think I am going to have a caffeine related heart attack come tomorrow morning?

Members don't see this ad.

4-5 hours a night. I usually take a short nap after each exam and then get right back at it. I have had 1 iced coffee. Caffeine has always inhibited my performance. I feel very jittery and nervous/anxious on it.

8-9 hours, as usual. I just spend less time cooking and cleaning instead of skimping on sleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
8-10. Need that extra alertness sleep provides for those tricky tests.

i get more sleep during finals then any time during the academic year. (no class, labs etc.)

7.5 as usual.

ooh yeah....but my house is a MESS.

3 hours first night......2 hours second night......1 hour third night......I was a zombie by the last test and did horrible....not fun.

i get less sleep the week before finals preparing for the exams and writing papers.

8-9 hours, as usual. I just spend less time cooking and cleaning instead of skimping on sleep.

Oh how I envy you! I am like a crackhead after a week away from his usual corner where he can score the goods (i.e. in bad shape).

i get less sleep the week before finals preparing for the exams and writing papers.

You actually study before finals? What dimension are you from? I think I will have to report you to Interdimensionpol.

two consecutive all nighters this week already. I had about a 3 hour nap before the second one. Last Final is tomorrow and I'm going to sleep for a week after it's done.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is this "sleep" you speak of? Is it a relative of the one known as "coffee"? If so, I am very fond of this creature.

Jeez people, get some sleep. Sleep is good :sleep::), and I personally am enjoying 6-8 hours a night till I hit 3rd year and have no choice. I've always found that my brain doesn't perform optimally without sleep (something that reall is true for everyone) so why make things harder on myself? I have never pulled an all-nighter in my life, despite being a procrastinator all through undergrad.

Back to head and neck anatomy...

You actually study before finals? What dimension are you from? I think I will have to report you to Interdimensionpol.

the painful memories of staying awake cramming before finals motivates me to actually study BEFOREHAND and get plenty of sleep during finals week.

Jeez people, get some sleep. Sleep is good :sleep::), and I personally am enjoying 6-8 hours a night till I hit 3rd year and have no choice. I've always found that my brain doesn't perform optimally without sleep (something that reall is true for everyone) so why make things harder on myself? I have never pulled an all-nighter in my life, despite being a procrastinator all through undergrad.

Back to head and neck anatomy...

i like this advice. if you're going to cram 8 or 9 hours for a final exam, do it the week before so that you can at least sleep the night before and function well during the exam.

Some of you must be either taking some easy courses or you simply have your **** together.

that's amazing; I don't even get that much sleep when I'm on vacation; I guess there's just too many things I want to do, that I don't want to waste my time on sleep.

I get more sleep during finals than during the semester, for the same reasons as someone else posted above: no classes, labs, etc. As a commuting student, not having to get up 2 hours before class to be able to get ready and get to class on time makes a huge difference. However, even when I lived on campus, I RARELY got less than 4-5 hours. I'd rather study less, sleep more, and be able to think clearly, than stay up all night studying and be so tired I'm not sure what I studied.

Sleep? What the hell is that??

Actually slept well because I made sure I started preparing a week earlier so when it came to the day before the test I knew everything. I actually went to the beach yesterday before my final today.

aloha from hawaii

BEACH!!!! Come and shovel snow.... it take he extra time just to thaw out my car and get to school please...... not to mention studying for exams