mddang

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Houston, TX
Status
Pre-Dental
How many hours are you guys taking during the spring semester? Does it really matter?

I'm planning on taking only 7 hours, physics 2 lec+lab and another bs class, to meet the 90 hour requirement.

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I plan to take 16 hrs to get my BS (to fulfill min 120 hrs). I thought most of the schools like to see people with BS/BA. Or Houston doesn't require you to get a bachelor's degree. It it is, you're good to go.
Good luck in d-school.

ZenoVT

Power Ranger
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I took 9 credit hours my last semester, haha.

About the Ads

cherr1pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
It would probably depend on what you put down for the application? Like if you put down you'll finish your degree/take 16 hours for the spring you would probably have to contact the school cause you'd be changing something you told them you would do. If not, I dont think it should matter. You can probably give the school a call and see cause you're accepted already anyway.

klutzy1987

StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Status
Dental Student
I finished college in June, Im taking zero hours. I dont think it makes a difference as long as you complete your B.S./Pre-reqs.

klpennin

20/22/20
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I wish I could coast my last semester. I was supposed to be only taking 7 hours, but my school is not offering a class that they had planned on offering (a 2 hr class) and now I have to take a 4hr class to replace it! Totally not fair, so I will be taking 9 hrs all science classes :(

Flipper405

"Excessive" flosser
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 5, 2005
Status
Dentist
I finished college in June, Im taking zero hours. I dont think it makes a difference as long as you complete your B.S./Pre-reqs.
Same here - I graduated in May, so I'm just working part-time and enjoying my extended vacation :)

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
20 credits.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
me 2! i'm doing it to get the bachelors (120 hour req). any reason for you?
My program requires 125 credits but I'll have 130. I'm taking microbiology (4 w/ lab) to satisfy Midwestern's requirements. Otherwise there is 2 dental prereqs, spanish II and instrumental analysis :( I'll be taking.

who knows...

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
NYC
Status
Dental Student
Do you guys think it matters what BS degree we finish off with?

On AADSAS I had planned to finish off Biochem/Biotech by the end of April but now I'm thinking of just graduating this semester with a General Science...

Does it matter?

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
Do you guys think it matters what BS degree we finish off with?

On AADSAS I had planned to finish off Biochem/Biotech by the end of April but now I'm thinking of just graduating this semester with a General Science...

Does it matter?
Call NYU. I'd have to say biology is a little more impressive than general science...

yakuza

10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
acceptance or not, i'll be rolling with 22's, hours lol.

klutzy1987

StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Status
Dental Student
Same here - I graduated in May, so I'm just working part-time and enjoying my extended vacation :)
Ahh lucky you, I'm working full time 9-5. I donty do much at work lol but still I cant do much cuz i gotta be at work every day. Enjoy your vacation and use it well. Only a couple more months in our life that we will be free, with no worries or stress. Get out and enjoy while you still can.

About the Ads