How many hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeyD914

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. How many hours a day did you guys study for the DAT and how many days a week and for how many weeks? Any days off?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i started last week i study from about 10am to around 7pm so far. im planning for 9 am to around 10pm starting next week and im not taking any days off for 2 and a half months.

5-8 hours a day. Sometimes more or less depending if I get a headache or not lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
FWIW I studied for 4 weeks, 2-4 hours per day. Week 1-BIO, Week 2-Gen Chem, Week 3-Orgo, Week 4-PAT, Math, reading. Sometimes I skipped days too.

FWIW I studied for 4 weeks, 2-4 hours per day. Week 1-BIO, Week 2-Gen Chem, Week 3-Orgo, Week 4-PAT, Math, reading. Sometimes I skipped days too.

thats all?!? how in the world was that enough for all this material? lol

i mean yea you probably took it your junior year after you finished all your pre reqs but still lol. i just graduated college (bio major) and still need time refreshing my memory, although its gonna take a while because i absolutely hated chemistry

I didn't want the DAT to ruin my summer, so I planned it out this way so I could have the time between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer semester to study. I ended up getting a AA21 which I am really happy with considering the time I invested.

I didn't want the DAT to ruin my summer, so I planned it out this way so I could have the time between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer semester to study. I ended up getting a AA21 which I am really happy with considering the time I invested.

thats great man. i should of done the same thing but i just started studying last week for it. i plan hopefully on taking my test in the early/mid august