How many initially accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerseyLynn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that last year Western sent their initial acceptances to 150 students for 100 seats. Do all schools over accept by a lot? I imagine that must be why the alternate list moves so slowly, they count on close to half having multiple acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Wisconsin accepts exactly 20 for OOS (their limit) and then goes through the waitlist, sometimes up to 80 or so.

I noticed that last year Western sent their initial acceptances to 150 students for 100 seats. Do all schools over accept by a lot? I imagine that must be why the alternate list moves so slowly, they count on close to half having multiple acceptances.

Yeah... I do wonder how that works? I know some schools are very specific... like U of Mn takes 36 OOS, so they accept exactly 36, then put another 36 on the waitlist. I guess that makes sense... I wish they didn't do it like that though, because then everyone else just gets rejected! (like I).

I don't know what other schools over accept, but in general, it does seem like most of them over accept by at least 20 students.. statistics say that they should... I like schools that over accept. :D