How many initially accepted

JerseyLynn

10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2008
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I noticed that last year Western sent their initial acceptances to 150 students for 100 seats. Do all schools over accept by a lot? I imagine that must be why the alternate list moves so slowly, they count on close to half having multiple acceptances.

adOggy07

KSU CVM C/O 2012
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2007
California
  1. Veterinarian
I noticed that last year Western sent their initial acceptances to 150 students for 100 seats. Do all schools over accept by a lot? I imagine that must be why the alternate list moves so slowly, they count on close to half having multiple acceptances.

Yeah... I do wonder how that works? I know some schools are very specific... like U of Mn takes 36 OOS, so they accept exactly 36, then put another 36 on the waitlist. I guess that makes sense... I wish they didn't do it like that though, because then everyone else just gets rejected! (like I).

I don't know what other schools over accept, but in general, it does seem like most of them over accept by at least 20 students.. statistics say that they should... I like schools that over accept. :D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.