How many interviews?

Started by DocP
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocP

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there are several factors that contribute to how many interviews invites one receives (ie number of programs applied to, application credentials, etc.), but I was wondering ...

How many interview invites do all of you have?
 
I know there are several factors that contribute to how many interviews invites one receives (ie number of programs applied to, application credentials, etc.), but I was wondering ...

How many interview invites do all of you have?

I have like 15 so far. It seems to be ridiculously easy to get interviews at most places.
 
I wonder what the "minimum number of interviews" one has to go to in neuro to get a spot. In ENT, I belive the magic number is 8-9.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
12-15 neuro, 5 prelim

I more want to make sure I get the right fit vs. worried about not matching.
 
I wonder what the "minimum number of interviews" one has to go to in neuro to get a spot. In ENT, I belive the magic number is 8-9.

That would be pretty interesting to know - does anyone know? Reminds me of the magic MCAT score.
 
I wonder what the "minimum number of interviews" one has to go to in neuro to get a spot. In ENT, I belive the magic number is 8-9.

Looking at the NRMP data, the magic number for a US graduate is to rank 8 programs (that is the median number). So get >7 interviews of places you are willing to rank and you should be good.