Jan 10, 2014
Status
Dental Student
I have 10 so far and I think I can get 2 more from schools that have not been reading applications yet.

Of the 10, I have:
-1 school that's known to accept 99% of all interviewees
-2 safety schools
-1 school that should be a safety but because I am OOS, interviewee acceptance rates are as low as 20%
-my top 5 choices

From the 2 schools I anticipate on getting:
-1 of the schools is also known to accept 99% of all interviewees

I have already cut 2 from the 10 I have so far (and I will definitely add the 1 school from the 2 I anticipate >> 9 interviews), but I am thinking of cutting another safety school from the 10 I currently have. Reputation of this school fits my application to the dot so I am confident I will be accepted if I do the interview.

Advice on what I should do? And please don't just say to drop it to get my spot. I promise I will drop many as soon as Dec 1.

Dental2000

7+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2011
Chicago
Status
Dental Student
I don't think there is anything as too many interviews. The main thing is getting into the school of your choice.

Btw which school accepts 99% of all interviewees????

sjv

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
To be honest, you're more than safe, I'd probably drop some of those you are the least bit interested in.

Jun 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
One is enough if you get in lol. It all depends on what you makes you most comfortable. This is one case where overkill isn't a bad thing if you can afford it.

Reactions: SXCoronado

musician7

7+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
your stats look amazing. i think you'll definitely get in to one of those 10 schools just by statistics.. if money's not an issue then go to all 10. if it is, i would take out a couple who's not so OOS friendly or less likely to get in

yeslek88

7+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Seeing that you have the statistics aspect of this process pretty well mapped out, I don't think you really need advice on how many interviews you can drop.

Glimmer1991

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2012
NC
Status
Dental Student
My man. You applied to too many schools.

Go to the interviews at your top choices. Postpone the other ones to after December if you can. If you can't, then just drop them entirely.

Last year, I applied to 5 schools, got interviews at 4, and only attended 3 of them. You'll be fine. You clearly are the kind of applicant that schools are looking for.