1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How many LoRs do you have?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by mjmjoa, Aug 10, 2015.

1. mjmjoa

Pre-Pharmacy
    So far I have 2. I'm considering asking for another one, but does it really matter? Most schools take 2-3.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PharmHealth_KI

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Just look at what the school(s) that you are applying to requires. Having an extra one wouldn't hurt, especially if you know that it will be a good LoR.

4. cyna

Pharmacy Student
    It all depends on the school! I would look at the school that requires the most (usually 3 or 4) and go with that. If a school only accepts 2 or 3, that's fine. They will simply disregard the rest.

5. mjmjoa

Pre-Pharmacy
    Does length of the LOR matter? I was told a teacher I was thinking of asking writes really short ones but they are good. By short I mean 1 paragraph. Is that bad?

And does it look bad if all 3 LORs are from females?

6. Corpseman

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Contrary to popular belief, length always matters.

7. cyna

Pharmacy Student
    Gender should not be a factor during the review process. As long as the individuals are from the required/recommended list of "who to get LORs from" you should be fine!

8. Primus25

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Depends on the school. The school I applied to asks for two letters. My pharmacy manager and the doctor I help with research with at ASU wrote mine. Just got my interview invitation today! :)

9. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    you already got an interview invitation? did you apply to early decision program? I thought it was too early for interviews and was told they conduct them (most schools) around december-march.

10. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    depends on the schools you're applying to! 4/6 schools i'm applying to only require 2, but the other two schools want 3, so I got three!

11. Primus25

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Nope, it is not an early decision program, at least I do not think it is. The school that I applied to has rolling invitations and admissions. My pharmacists that I work with have said the earlier you apply, the better chance you have on getting accepted. I had two interview dates to chose from, Sept. 11 and Sept 25.

12. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    thats amazing! congratulations!!! I haven't submitted my app yet, just waiting for two of my recommenders to send in their letters! what school did you apply to? If I'm not mistaken, I saw MWU on a different post you posted, chicago or arizona?

13. Primus25

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yep! Midwestern - Glendale, AZ Campus!

14. prepharmpanda

Pre-Pharmacy
    4 = 1 science prof, 1 non-science/department major prof, 1 volunteer supervisor, and 1 research supervisor

15. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats again! I just submitted my app today, how long did it take them to verify and send to your chosen schools, and for your school to contact you? just trying to find out how long i'll have to wait!

16. Primus25

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks! :) After PharmCAS received all of my transcripts, it only took 2 days for them to verify my GPA. After my application was complete, I would say it took 7-10 days for Midwestern to contact me via email saying they received the application and are currently in the process of reviewing. It was the next day, when I checked my student portal that I found out I was invited for an interview and I had two different dates to choose from. They never sent an email, possibly because I would check my portal daily to see when checklists were updated. I only chose one school to apply to, so I am 1 for 1, so far!:)

prepharmpanda likes this.