How many of you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Geoff

Mzungu
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you are attending your top choice medical school?

The reason for this is because I want to attend the University where I live because I will be having a g/f going their also. I do not think I could deal with being away for another 4 years.

Members don't see this ad.

I am.

Don't worry too much about the g/f in another city; mine is nearly 1000 miles away. I get to see her about twice a year, but our relationship still works. You do what you have to do in order to get by.

Members don't see this ad :)
First choice, yes for me!

But I met my gf right as I had gotten in and that was in a different city 7 hours away from my first choice school where I am now. Don't worry if you are away though, things have worked out fine for us. There is enough time to get away, especially in the first year.

Second choice for me, but everything always seems to work out for the best. :)

I'm going to my top choice school and ready to graduate. Will you be happier going to your 1st choice (some do not have any choice so the decision is fixed) or happier going to a school closer to your gf? Can/will your gf move to your current location? Can your gf transfer schools? Questions to ponder.

I'm absolutely at my first choice school... I got incredibly lucky. :)

Not me. Of the schools I interviewed at, I'm attending my 2nd choice. Overall, probably my 5-6th of 15. Then again, I applied late (August) and when on interviews late (Feb-March). Or at least that's what I tell myself...

definitely at my top choice by far; still can't believe it sometimes :)