How many offers made at UCONN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GonnaBADentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how many offers of acceptance were made for UCONN so far?

Members don't see this ad.

no, but it's probably not more than the available spots in the class (40ish).

I dare you to call and ask them. In fact, I double-dog-dare you . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I know there's one more for now! Just mailed out my "thanks but no thanks" letters to UConn and Tufts. Man oh man....I hate to say it....but......IT FELT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY didn't meet MY needs!!!!

Both are amazing and wonderful schools and it was excruciating....I wish everyone the best of luck!

SOOOOO...Buffalo or Penn? Or are you gonna send in deposits for both schools and then make up your mind? I bet you're hoping for a Dean's Scholarship from Penn :D

Audio said:
SOOOOO...Buffalo or Penn? Or are you gonna send in deposits for both schools and then make up your mind? I bet you're hoping for a Dean's Scholarship from Penn :D

Well I'm around 95% sure it's going to be Buffalo :)D yay!)....NOT just for money; for a million other reasons and after getting an enormous amount of info from students and grads. Even if I got the dean's scholarship, Penn would still be around 40K more, and I just have a better "feel" for my appropriateness at Buffalo. However, I'm a little apprehensive about saying a definite until I hear back from both about financial aid and the like, so I'm going to go ahead and do both deposits. I realized I really don't have to rush, since most of the financial aid stuff won't go through until April. I am NOT trying to be malicious and hold two spots!!! I just can't decide. I already withdrew at Tufts.

As for UConn though, JUST as I was leaving my apartment to mail my withdrawal letter, I got a new letter saying I got the $5000 merit scholarship! ARGH! Are they TRYING to screw with me as much as possible??!?!?!?!

Does anyone know if this is a one-time scholarship or if you get $5000 every year?

I just got a 10 K merit scholarship from UConn, and it is for four years... so I am sure yours is too. Congratulations! So does that change your mind at all? I am still trying to decide whether I want to say thanks but no thanks to them also... I am having a hard time deciding!!!

What are your stats if you dont mind sharing that allowed you to get the merit scholarship? Congratulations on it though, that's awesome...you make a decision yet on UConn?

MinyMegs said:
I just got a 10 K merit scholarship from UConn, and it is for four years... so I am sure yours is too. Congratulations! So does that change your mind at all? I am still trying to decide whether I want to say thanks but no thanks to them also... I am having a hard time deciding!!!

hey are you sure the 10k merit scholarship is for all four years? (10k/year)? haha cuz i got one too and wow that would be something to consider.

I am pretty sure they are per year because I talked to Dr. T about the scholarships prior to recieving one. But if you have any doubts call him yourself... he is very helpful. Where else are you considering nyching?

As for my stats ems5184:
GPA: 3.9 overall, 4.0 science
DAT: 22/22/22

MinyMegs said:
I am pretty sure they are per year because I talked to Dr. T about the scholarships prior to recieving one. But if you have any doubts call him yourself... he is very helpful. Where else are you considering nyching?

As for my stats ems5184:
GPA: 3.9 overall, 4.0 science
DAT: 22/22/22

hey thanks for the reply. Yea i'll give Dr. T a call tomorrow. Other schools i'm considering are UCSF and UCLA (maybe .have an interview later this month).

nyching30 said:
hey thanks for the reply. Yea i'll give Dr. T a call tomorrow. Other schools i'm considering are UCSF and UCLA (maybe .have an interview later this month).

hey so i got a call from ms. avolt . the scholarship that i received (i can't really speak for others) is good for one academic year. Hope this helps!

Have you made a decision nyching? Does the scholarship have any influence on your choice if it's just for one year now?

ems5184 said:
Have you made a decision nyching? Does the scholarship have any influence on your choice if it's just for one year now?

still deciding.

How much is the deposit at UConn for those of you who have been accepted?

ems5184 said:
How much is the deposit at UConn for those of you who have been accepted?

$400 non-refundable