How many paragraphs on RC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Impulse155

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the RC whats a typical amount of paragraphs. I though it was around 10-15 per essay, but I got to my 2nd and 3rd qvault and they both have the first essay with 25? Wtfffff
 
It was about 12~15 paragraphs for first two passage and less than 10 paragraphs for the third passage on my exam if I recall correctly.

Really? I distinctly remembering mine had 2 that were 15+ and one that had 22 paragraphs. The 22 paragraph one had shorter paragraphs though.

The test usually has one short-ish passage and 2 long ones or 2 medium length passages and one long one. Shoot for completing shorter ones in 16 minutes. 18-20 minutes for the medium and long ones. Hopefully the extra 4-6 minutes you have remaining can be used if you are getting too much trouble from any particular passage.
 
Really? I distinctly remembering mine had 2 that were 15+ and one that had 22 paragraphs. The 22 paragraph one had shorter paragraphs though.

The test usually has one short-ish passage and 2 long ones or 2 medium length passages and one long one. Shoot for completing shorter ones in 16 minutes. 18-20 minutes for the medium and long ones. Hopefully the extra 4-6 minutes you have remaining can be used if you are getting too much trouble from any particular passage.

:scared:

It was about 12~15 paragraphs for first two passage and less than 10 paragraphs for the third passage on my exam if I recall correctly.

This is what I thought it was

I really hope theres not 22 on any of mine, I dont think I have ever read 22 paragraphs in one sitting 🙁 All the practices I had were 12-15 and now I looked at 2 qvaults and saw 25's ;\
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah i'm positive at least one passage of my reading was less than 10 paragraphs, or maybe in low 10s like 11 or 12 paragraphs. I don't think I had any passage that was more than 20 passages, at max it was 16~18 passages
 
Bump to an old thread

For the ppl who have taken the DAT this yr do u mind telling us how your paragraphs ur RC section had. It would help out the rest of us struggling in RC.