How many programs are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DcS

damn the red baron
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess this will vary with specialty because I know the omfs and ortho probably apply to a lot of programs, but how many programs are you applying to?

Myself: 10 programs for Pedo

Hoping to get interviews for at least 6.

Weakest part of my application: not much research (not as impt for pedo from what i've been told)

Most frustrating part: Waiting for writers of your LORs to send the things in...pending....pending....pending. Oh yeah, and supplemental applications with new pesonal statements in addition to the one sent to pass (thanks upenn :p )

Members don't see this ad.

DcS said:
I guess this will vary with specialty because I know the omfs and ortho probably apply to a lot of programs, but how many programs are you applying to?

Myself: 10 programs for Pedo

Hoping to get interviews for at least 6.

Weakest part of my application: not much research (not as impt for pedo from what i've been told)

Most frustrating part: Waiting for writers of your LORs to send the things in...pending....pending....pending. Oh yeah, and supplemental applications with new pesonal statements in addition to the one sent to pass (thanks upenn :p )

I'm applying to perio. Since only one of the one's I like is on PASS and the others have staggered deadlines plus two already said that I'll get an interview, I may not apply to all of the 8 I've chosen (Only if it's not looking good at the others).

Most frustrating part is that so few perio programs use PASS (though I've heard the beefs about PASS). This means I have to fill out each school's application, sometimes one for the program and one for the graduate school. And then each school has its own quirks. This makes the process much slower.
Best part about not being part of PASS or Match is that I may find out what I'm doing by early September.

gumgardener2009 said:
I'm applying to perio.
If I were you I'd apply to one program and hope I didn't get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
ItsGavinC said:
Now, now, you know we'll all be referring our implants to him.

Or you could do them yourself.

gumgardener2009 said:
I'm applying to perio. Since only one of the one's I like is on PASS and the others have staggered deadlines plus two already said that I'll get an interview, I may not apply to all of the 8 I've chosen (Only if it's not looking good at the others).

Hi i am also applying for perio programs. I am going to start sending the applications next week.In the first round iam sending to texas sa anatonio,san fransisco,buffallo and north carolina.Do u know which universities have confirmed ur interview.Because normally they start reviwing the application only when the deadline is over.I guess i havent missed any of the deadlines.

sridhar said:
gumgardener2009 said:

Hi i am also applying for perio programs. I am going to start sending the applications next week.In the first round iam sending to texas sa anatonio,san fransisco,buffallo and north carolina.Do u know which universities have confirmed ur interview.Because normally they start reviwing the application only when the deadline is over.I guess i havent missed any of the deadlines.

The one's I externed at were the one's that said I'd get an interview. Also you can ignore the deadlines because some schools have their classes picked before the deadlines pass.