How many recommendation letters are 'enough'?

Started by deleted810749
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted810749

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Got a quick question regarding recommendation letters for the application. How many recommendation letters are considered enough? I am currently taking two summer classes and I probably only get one letter from those classes. Here is what I got lined up so far.

1 from optometrist
1 from formal employer
1 (but not sure) from a instructor

As a non-traditional student, I do not have any other ways to get recommendation letters from instructors. Do you think 3 letters from above would be sufficient? Hope they are...
 
Hi there,
When I applied I had three LORs from the same sources you mentioned - instructor, employer, optometrist.
I think having three different sources is good because each perspective will offer something new.
I only applied to three schools, but each one extended an interview.

Hope this helps! PM me if you have questions.