How many school apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeeBrick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be a topic discussed already... but how many schools did everyone apply to? i don't want to go overboard, but i also want to go somewhere next year. about to send apps out this week.

science gpa: 4.0 cum gpa prob around 3.4 or so... got BS 7 yrs ago...
DAT: 23/25/22

Members don't see this ad.

^
Are you retaking sciences courses since most schools require that all of your prerequisites be taken within a maximum of 5 years before you apply?

I'm applying to my state school and the majority of private schools next year(total around 13).

Surely you wouldnt have to retake all prereqs, that would be a year or two of taking classes. Those stats are great, I would apply to your state school, private schools here and there, and maybe a few other state schools (neighboring). There's no magic number, just use your judgement and know that the more you apply to, the more $$ to shell out.

Members don't see this ad :)
^
Are you retaking sciences courses since most schools require that all of your prerequisites be taken within a maximum of 5 years before you apply?

I'm applying to my state school and the majority of private schools next year(total around 13).

yea.. i'm finishing up my prereqs in fall. was a biz major the first time around. changed my mind last summer.... thanks for the advice... it's about what i was doing. was prob going to expand the school zone a little just to be on the safe side.

You DATs are only good for two years, so you may want to hurry with your science classes. Good luck.