How many schools are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeeDee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to get an idea of how many schools people are considering applying to in the States and elsewhere. With all the competition, I hardly believe that two or three schools would hardly do it for me!

Members don't see this ad.

apply to schools that you know you have a chance of getting into, a few schools that are considered long shot.
But most importantly don't apply to any school that you wouldn't want to go to. Apps. cost a lot of money, so do increase your chance by applying to more than just 2 or 3 but don't apply to schools all over the place just to increase your chance. I applied to 10 schools total, and they were all schools that I wouldn't mind going to, location wise or academically
:)

Westside222 is a wise person - i agree.

I applied to seven schools last year, and after paying the initial fees, the secondary app. fees and then paying to go to the interviews i did attend - well, the cost is staggering, really (explains why "the rich stay rich" lol)

You don't want to limit yourself too much, but don't apply to schools you'd turn down in a second for anything else - that's a waste of your time, effort and finances

I would suggest picking out your top schools and trying to focus on them - easier if you manage to get early interviews (well, before dec. 1) That way, in an ideal world, you could get into a school for sure, cancel other interviews, and then still pursue any schools you prefered over the one you'd already been accepted at.

The DAT prep book i used suggested applying to 7 schools - i think i was just really lucky in having 7 be overkill last year.

GOOD LUCK! :clap:

or you can be like me...(not nearly as wise as westside) and just pick a ton of them for fear of not getting into any...