How many schools are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigger7222

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many schools everyone is applying to and which ones? Right now I am trying to narrow down my choices and want to know what you guys recommend as a good number.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 13. This may be overkill but I figured it would better my chances of getting in. But I gotta say, It gets pretty pricy!
I would apply to all your state schools!

8 schools:

U. of Pacific
UC San Francisco
UC San Diego
Touro
U. of Southern California
U. of Colorado
Oregon State
U. of Southern Nevada

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking about applying to Southern Nevada but my prereq GPA is about 3.5 and overall GPA is 3.6. I haven't taken speech, microbiology, and physiology/anatomy yet. Do I even have a chance of getting an interview? Their application fee is expensive and they don't participate in pharmcas so I would have to spend even more money sending transcripts.

I was thinking about applying to Southern Nevada but my prereq GPA is about 3.5 and overall GPA is 3.6. I haven't taken speech, microbiology, and physiology/anatomy yet. Do I even have a chance of getting an interview? Their application fee is expensive and they don't participate in pharmcas so I would have to spend even more money sending transcripts.

You don't have to have all those classes taken. As long as you plan to take them in the future, then you should be OK.

I applied to 13. This may be overkill but I figured it would better my chances of getting in. But I gotta say, It gets pretty pricy!
I would apply to all your state schools!

:eek: That must have cost a lot. How much did you spend on the application process?

As of now, I'm only applying to one. But if I don't get in ED, then I'll apply to a couple more.

I'm applying to 4 schools.

Tell me foroneaudience, how does theearly decision acceptance process work? Do they tell you faster if you've been accepted?

I'm applying to 5 this year...USC, UCSD, Western, Pacific, and UW.

I will be applying to...

(In no particular order..)

University of Florida
Nova
Medical University of South Carolina
Mercer
South University
Virginia Commonwealth
Creigton University
Midwestern University
Univesity of Colorado maybe

Total: 9 --> This could change pending the October Pcat.

I did all the calculations to get a rough estimate on the application costs...$900-$1000 just for Pharmcas and supplemental apps. Then on top of that are Interviews/Hotels/Deposits... I've been saving $$$ for a while :laugh:

I spent around $1200.
I was shocked b/c some of the supplemental applications were 100 bucks.

I'm applying to one. I'll give you three guesses where to. :D

9 schools:

UOP
UCSD
UCSF
U Michigan
U Maryland
U Illinois
Midwestern: Glendale and Downer's Grove
Mercer

Hope I get in somewhere!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying to 3, but UNC has some extra requirements I still have to do, so I don't know if I will be competative this year.

In no particular order:
Creighton
Hampton
UNC

My schools are as follows:
1) UIC
2) midwestern university-chicago
3) university of wisconsin-madison
4)purdue
5) UCSF
6)Touro
7)USN

I am applying to

1)Pacific University and 2) USN (in no particular order of preference).
3),4),5) possibly UCSF, Idaho State, and LECOM

I'm applying to
UCSD
UCSF
UNC Chapel Hill
University of Wisconsin Madison
UIC
USC
University of Michigan Ann Arbor
University of Washington
Maybe my list is a bit top heavy :( I have no safeties...

I'm applying to:

Iowa
Southern Illinois
Kentucky
Idaho State
Wyoming
Montana
South Carolina
South Dakota
Hawaii

3:

UIC
MWU-chicago
SIUe

I can't afford out of state tuition, heck MWU is too expensive too, but hey, if I get in, at least ill still be in my home state

I'm applying to SDSU, CU-Denver, UWash, UWyo, and U Wisc-Madison. Lots of W's!

Only planning on applying to the University of Kentucky. If i don't get in then i'll finish my degree the following year and apply more broadly.

As of now, just 3 schools.

Well, I said earlier that I was applying to 5, but I cut that down to 2 schools now: UW and USC, as those are the two schools I truly want to attend.

In no order:
Drake, Creighton, Pittsburgh, Howard, Lecom, UMich, Ferris, Cincinnati, and Rutgers. I really want to get in this year, though it costs alot, and takes a lot of energy from you. Good luck everyone.:luck:

I really want to get into Mercer - bc of their international program, LECOM, VCU, NOVA, MCPHS-Worcester.... i hope i get in somewhere :(

North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Midwestern-chicago, montana, colorado, wyoming... maybe a couple others but this is probably it

North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Midwestern-chicago, montana, colorado, wyoming... maybe a couple others but this is probably it

You are applying to 4 of the 5 schools I'm applying to. We should connect!

No one is applying to Ohio State! :(

Or any Ohio Schools for that matter, except for one person/Cincinnati.

You are applying to 4 of the 5 schools I'm applying to. We should connect!

Yeah i noticed that before and was going to say something! So which is your first choice?

UOP -sent
USC -sent
Touro - sent
Western - sent

UCSF - pending
UCSD - pending

USN pending
UA - nada
UNM - nada
UT - nada

i'm tired....

Possibly, Wash state, NOVA and UF.

So that comes out to 10-13 schools .. oh my

UCSF-still working on it
UF-applied
Ohio State-applied
Touro-waiting for supplemental
Mercer-need to do supplemental
Creighton (web-based)-still wondering how a Jesuit education will help me become a better pharmacist(will work on it eventually)
UNC-sending supplemental tomorrow

So 7 schools. Maybe that'll be lucky.

Yeah i noticed that before and was going to say something! So which is your first choice?

My first choice is University of Washington. Without a 3.5, i don't stand a chance at CU, though....