how many schools did u apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meowmeow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im not very close to applying yet but i was wondering how many pharmacy schools did you guys apply to? i was originally thinking about applying to four schools but my school counselor said this one girl applied to 10 schools and only got into one.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 7 schools, but I would have applied to a few more if I had met more admissions requirements and if there were more schools that I liked on the east coast...

I'm applying to two, but I will only accept admission to one. Talk about pressing my luck, huh?

Chris

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 8 schools.

i applied to 4. but the more schools you apply to the better chances you have of getting in. it is pretty late in the cycle to apply now so you should everything done asap

I started, on PharmCas, applying to 9 schools... once I got interviews at a few schools and then acceptances I did not complete the supplementals for schools that were further down on the list so to speak. So I ended up completing apps for about 5 schools.
The more the better! Good luck!

My strategy was the same as nderwater's.....except I only had 7 instead of 9...

I applied to 20 schools! I took the advice I read on SDN and I applied early and to the most schools I could. I'm willing to relocate so that gave me lots of options.

I am applying to 5 schools

Last fall.. I applied to 3, interviewed at 2 and accepted to 1 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to all of California, and a million out of state schools.. but now that i got into Touro, I dont think i'm going to send any more supplementals..

maybe to NSU though, because they said they want to interview me but they need my supp..

:D

Stephie said:
I applied to 20 schools! I took the advice I read on SDN and I applied early and to the most schools I could. I'm willing to relocate so that gave me lots of options.

Geez, you must have saved up a lot of money to be applying to that many schools. I'm just having trouble with 4!

I'm from Texas and will be applying to 3 Texas schools (UT, UH, and TT) and one out of state school, U-Washington. I just applied to schools that matched the pre-req's that I've already completed or will complete in Spring of 2006.

fairyofsong said:
Last fall.. I applied to 3, interviewed at 2 and accepted to 1 :)

Where did you apply and interview last year? How do you like South and the 3 year curriculum?

blizz said:
Geez, you must have saved up a lot of money to be applying to that many schools. I'm just having trouble with 4!

Money has been really tight but it's been doable because I'm working full time and splitting a pretty cheap apartment with my brother. Hopefully it'll all work out in the end...

Applied to 5 schools.

USC, UOP, MWU-CPG, Midwestern Glendale, Midwestern Chicago, WEstern, Touro

So far two interviews.

ndearwater said:
Where did you apply and interview last year? How do you like South and the 3 year curriculum?

I applied to Georgia schools: Mercer, UGA and South. So far, I really like South. It's certainly hard, don't let anyone tell you different! But the way I see it, it's going to be hard anywhere--it's meant to be. There is a lot of material. It's not necessarily that it's uncomprehendable material, there is just SO much of it. You can't imagine if you've never been in a doctorate program. SO my point is, if I have to work hard anyways, why not work a little harder and get done a year sooner? :)

South has excellent faculty and that makes a huge difference in my opinion :)

freshbeatschris said:
I'm applying to two, but I will only accept admission to one. Talk about pressing my luck, huh?

Chris

Why limit yourself like that?

To the OP, last year I applied to 11 schools. It's pretty common for applicants to apply to multiple schools.

Shenandoah, Midwestern Chicago, Midwestern Glendale, UOP, Campbell, Texas A&M, Virginia Commonwealth, Wyoming,Howard, Nova Southeastern, Mercer, South, Iowa,Wilkes,and Temple interviewed MW-Chicago and upcoming Shenandoah and Midwestern Glendale so far.... yeah, I know, that's alot of schools...no denial letters yet *fingers crossed*

I applied to 4 schools

wow its incredible how the range varies with every person... i just wanted to get an idea since i am probably 2-3 yrs away from getting a bachelors. but i like ndearwater's and DHG idea... so ill probably apply to a lot of schools too! thanks everyone for your replies! :thumbup: