How many schools to apply?!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s0chon02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't submitted my application yet, the only reason is that i'm not sure where to apply. I'm from KY, so far here's the list of the schools i'm applying:
Case School of Dental Medicine (CWR) OH
Indiana University (IND) IN
The Ohio State University (OSU) OH
University of Illinois at Chicago (ILL) IL
University of Kentucky (UK) KY
University of Louisville (UL)

I'm looking for schools that accept a fair number of out of state applicants, nice curriculum and so on. Any input would be appreciated!!

Thanks, good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

i would add some more private schools to that list.

Ok...I submitted my application and applied to nine schools. (Temple, Pitt, NYU, UMDNJ, Maryland, VCU, Nova, Midwestern and Tufts) However, I am now thinking I should apply to more. My cum GPA is 3.45 and my sciGPA is 3.4. I have not taken my DAT's yet, but plan on taking them in August. I am in a post bac program taking Organic Chem and Bio now. Also, I have been working as a dental hygienist for the past 3 years. What do you guys think? What schools should I add?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok...I submitted my application and applied to nine schools. (Temple, Pitt, NYU, UMDNJ, Maryland, VCU, Nova, Midwestern and Tufts) However, I am now thinking I should apply to more. My cum GPA is 3.45 and my sciGPA is 3.4. I have not taken my DAT's yet, but plan on taking them in August. I am in a post bac program taking Organic Chem and Bio now. Also, I have been working as a dental hygienist for the past 3 years. What do you guys think? What schools should I add?

I think 9 is a decent amount, you dont' want overkill, it gets too costly

i think that you are on the right track and will get into one of your 9

10 is around the lucky number. Any more and your going to be broke. As long as you have ok DAT and GPA your golden.