How many schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DHG

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted... I went several pages back through the old threads and didn't see it...

How many schools did you all apply to?

I will be applying to start in 2006, with 3 schools on my list. Just curious what the average was.

Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

DHG said:
Sorry if this has already been posted... I went several pages back through the old threads and didn't see it...

How many schools did you all apply to?

I will be applying to start in 2006, with 3 schools on my list. Just curious what the average was.

Thanks. :)

1 :) West Virginia University, and I was accepted. I really wanted to stay in the area, and I sure as heck wasn't going to go to Pitt (I wear WVU hoodies most days... I'd probably get beaten up on a regular basis.) In retrospect, it was a bit silly to not have a back-up school or two... but oh well!

Members don't see this ad :)
1 - U of MD...in-state tuition being the reason.

5 against my choice... I wanted to apply to more schools, but some schools wanted classes that I didn't have.

looks like the average so far is about 4 -5.

The ONLY in-state school is 500 miles away from me (this sucks). Lots of out-of-state schools closer to me, but out-of-state tuition is rough. I may add a couple more to my current 3, for backup, as I do some more research on more schools. Thanks for the replies. I was wondering what the average was. :)

10!!! because it is sooooo hard to get in....but guess what..its even harder if you get called for interviews at all places... I would have had to miss my classes...and as a senior I have tough courses right now...and tough prof.s :eek: ...I had to cancel some.... but before by applying to 10 I was just making sure...takes a lot of $$$ though.... but in the end...it was all worth it...I have a nice assortment to pick from... and I haven't even heard from all yet....

I think the most imp. is to apply mostly to instate schools...PA as quite a lot...others may not have that many....

12...I wanted to have lots of backups :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally agree with hopeful. after going several interviews, I am almost broke. :<

8 - I really wanted to get in on the first try because I am already looking at 10 years straight of school!! Thankfully I found out after my second interview that I was accepted at one of my top 3 choices, so I ended up turning down 4 interviews and saving some money. I did spend a lot of money on pharmccas and supp apps though...

5-8, depending on how you look at it:

Fully completed ones:
UCSD, UCSF, USC, Loma Linda, UOP

Incomplete ones (i.e. didn't want to turn in the money or LOR or write the essays b/c I got an acceptance to somewhere I wanted):
Albany, UNM, WSU

11 (9 through PharmCAS)

All the PharmCAS ones were completed in August. The other two were completed in October.

I received an interview at one school in each October, November, and December; waitlisted at 2 and accepted to one. I even received a rejection from Maryland. :laugh:

I've since withdrawn all other applications. I'm happy with where I got in, and I want to go there. :thumbup:

Betty'sBeast said:

i applied only to uf last year, distance program. didn't get in. i since found out that uf is one of the most competitive schools on this coast! i applied again this year, to all of the uf campuses (sp?)!! all in all, i applied to 10 schools this year, but have only heard back from one so far. anyway, good luck!!!

Fall of 2002, I applied to 3 schools - UF, Campbell, Palm Beach Atlantic

Withdrew my app from PBA when I got into UF.

UF - no word yet
Creighton web-based - on hold pending spring grades

I'm most likely not getting in this year.

So I will apply to the same 2 next year.

30 schools

My gpa is 2.9 and i have not taken PCAT. 30 schools give me some back up :thumbup:

eslboy2005 said:
30 schools

My gpa is 2.9 and i have not taken PCAT. 30 schools give me some back up :thumbup:

30? Wow. That won't be cheap :eek:

1 school USN--got accepted early this month-- THANK GOODNESS!!! :D

That gotta be almost all the schools accredited by AACP. I think there are about 42 schools accredited.

10 to 12 schools. So far, I've gotten one flat-out rejection (Maryland - go figure! :laugh: ) and have been invited for five interviews. Haven't heard back from any of them yet, my top two choices will start notifying in about 2 weeks.

goheel said:
That gotta be almost all the schools accredited by AACP. I think there are about 42 schools accredited.

Where did you get that number? That's like only half of the pharmacy schools in the country, which is not correct.

ETA: I believe you may be thinking of the number of PharmCAS schools, which is ~43 (give or take a couple).

Yeah, I thought there were 80+ accredited pharmacy programs and more are being built. I applied to my top school only since I am a Junior. If I didnt get accepted to there I would be applying to 6 or so next yea, but I did get accepted so I don't have to worry about that.

I applied to two schools:

MWU CCP accepted
UIC interview on 3/21 (doubt I'll attend, but going to interview anyway)

I applied to 3 schools:

UIC: interview on 3/24, accepted
MWU CCP: MCV on 4/18
Creighton (web-based program): on the alternate list