How many schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJHUSKERS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many PT schools are you guys (or did you guys) applying to? I would say my stats are a little able average (depending on GRE) and I am currently applying to 8 non-PTCAS schools and 5 PTCAS schools. I kind of felt bad for all my LOR's, they each had to fill out 9 recommendations.

How many schools are you applying too?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking about six...but my friend applied to ten last year!

I applied to 4 PTCAS and 1 non-PTCAS school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding this myself. I want to apply to only 1 but I have below average stats which raise to slightly above average stats with a freshman forgiveness policy. This school has everything I desire so I'm thinking it might be worth a possible extra year to boost my app.

Of the other schools I'm considering, one I don't think I have a shot at. One I think I can get into but it's pricey. And another I have either a garunteed interview or garunteed acceptance at, I'm not exactly sure and that's what it's like in every aspect of dealing with this school so far. (just by reading that sentence you can imagine what I do not like about this school.) Plus it's the most expensive and in an undesirable area.

Oh and 3 are non-PTCAS. One is.

I applied to 10-ptcas and 2-non ptcas last year.

I'm applying to a whole bunch. 12 ptcas schools. I figure that the essay is sent to all schools and only a few have additional 200-500 word essays which are easy. I wanted to apply to as many as reasonable and ones that i could see myself going to. I've got three that i'm really hoping on though.

I applied to ONE, and got into ONE. In my opinion, I would never apply to a million schools if I knew I wanted to go to a specific one. I only really liked this one school in the southeast and no interest in any other; thus my reason for only applying here. If I somehow didn't get in, I simply would have made my stats better and reapplied here. Thankfully i got in and am loving it!

my long list as it stands now is 10 PTCAS and 1 non-PTCAS, but I might cut out a few schools outside of the NY/NJ area.

Wow, I wish you all the best of luck. Based on what I see above, I'm so glad that it didn't exist when I applied. I can't imagine how tough it would be to get in (with less than stellar stats) with the advent of the PTCAS. Obviously, you can't go to each school you get accepted into, so the wait lists must be miles long! It sounds a heck a lot like med school apps with primaries vs. secondaries these days!

I applied to ONE, and got into ONE. In my opinion, I would never apply to a million schools if I knew I wanted to go to a specific one. I only really liked this one school in the southeast and no interest in any other; thus my reason for only applying here. If I somehow didn't get in, I simply would have made my stats better and reapplied here. Thankfully i got in and am loving it!

If you don't mind me asking what did your stats look like? I'm looking to only apply to two schools.

How are the interviews handled with applying to so many schools? Would they be handled over the phone? My guess is if your applying to 12 or so schools they probably would be spread out a good bit.

Applied to two, got into two. 3.53 gpa overall. 3.7 in science. 3.8 in last sixty hours.

I'm glad someone asked this. I am applying to 7 PTCAS 2 non-PTCAS and thought maybe it was a bit much. Like someone else mentioned I felt bad asking profs/PTs for 3 different LORs