How many spots are left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureIrishOD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew how many spots are still available for optometry schools, especially SCCO, NEWCO, UH? I am starting to get nervous because I have not heard one way or another, granted I got my applications later than I should have.

Members don't see this ad.

FutureIrishOD said:
I was wondering if anyone knew how many spots are still available for optometry schools, especially SCCO, NEWCO, UH? I am starting to get nervous because I have not heard one way or another, granted I got my applications later than I should have.

for SCCO, very few... if i remember correctly, they have about 10 or less, i think. How do I know? well... they ask students to interview and they said that they had x number of seats left. i can't remember the exact number, but i remember it being a small number left. maybe you can call the admissions office to get a definite number.

JG777 said:
for SCCO, very few... if i remember correctly, they have about 10 or less, i think. How do I know? well... they ask students to interview and they said that they had x number of seats left. i can't remember the exact number, but i remember it being a small number left. maybe you can call the admissions office to get a definite number.
I am fairly sure UAB's Class has been filled for quite a while (1-2 months). The incoming first year class had their spring visit (pre-orientation) a few weeks ago to meet their classmates, identify roommates, and learn what is ahead of them. But I am sure that there are a few that get allowed in from the wait list each year. There is always bound to be some people that change their mind at the last minute, but I think that number is exceedingly small.
Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear back!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called last week...SCCO has no seats left, and they are still interviewing however...

I know UH only has three interview dates left. I have no idea how many seats are left , however.