How many spots are left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureIrishOD

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knew how many spots are still available for optometry schools, especially SCCO, NEWCO, UH? I am starting to get nervous because I have not heard one way or another, granted I got my applications later than I should have.
 
FutureIrishOD said:
I was wondering if anyone knew how many spots are still available for optometry schools, especially SCCO, NEWCO, UH? I am starting to get nervous because I have not heard one way or another, granted I got my applications later than I should have.

for SCCO, very few... if i remember correctly, they have about 10 or less, i think. How do I know? well... they ask students to interview and they said that they had x number of seats left. i can't remember the exact number, but i remember it being a small number left. maybe you can call the admissions office to get a definite number.
 
JG777 said:
for SCCO, very few... if i remember correctly, they have about 10 or less, i think. How do I know? well... they ask students to interview and they said that they had x number of seats left. i can't remember the exact number, but i remember it being a small number left. maybe you can call the admissions office to get a definite number.
I am fairly sure UAB's Class has been filled for quite a while (1-2 months). The incoming first year class had their spring visit (pre-orientation) a few weeks ago to meet their classmates, identify roommates, and learn what is ahead of them. But I am sure that there are a few that get allowed in from the wait list each year. There is always bound to be some people that change their mind at the last minute, but I think that number is exceedingly small.
Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear back!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called last week...SCCO has no seats left, and they are still interviewing however...