How many this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard how many apps there are so far this year?
Mack

Members don't see this ad.

lots, but i'll still be at "the swamp" next yr regardless :)

jb!

by june 25 i know michigan had 500 applications e-submitted to them

Members don't see this ad :)
vize said:
by june 25 i know michigan had 500 applications e-submitted to them

Wao....that is crazy....how do u know???? is there a way u can tell how many have e-submitted in USC, UCLA, UOP, NY.....

Just curious....I would be really blessed if I get into any dental school....

jackbauer! said:
lots, but i'll still be at "the swamp" next yr regardless :)

jb!

Well Jack, you'd better remember to keep that "chop" of yours at home. Time to work on your chomp.

I wonder how aadsas is doing. Are our applicant numbers sequential?

Mack

Mackchops said:
Anyone heard how many apps there are so far this year?
Mack

there had been 6600 apps opened up on AADSAS before June 1st even

dmfDMD said:
there had been 6600 apps opened up on AADSAS before June 1st even

8000 applicants 5 years back and projected figure for this year will double by the time AADSAS closes. It's going to be tough for everyone.

pcgirl said:
8000 applicants 5 years back and projected figure for this year will double by the time AADSAS closes. It's going to be tough for everyone.

whoa whoah..i doubt there will be 16000 applications. lets not go nuts. not everyone who logs onto aadsas will end up submitting..or they will submit much later on in the process.
competition is tough every year..hopefully this year wont see too much of a spike. last year was very competitive according to most schools..so lets hope it doesnt get crazy this time around.

It seems like the admission is getting tougher due to high application numbers. During one of my interviews last year, the lady showed a figure of how the number of applications fluctuates through out the years and 2006 application cycle was on the top and it was projected to increase for 2007 and so forth until it reaches its maximum and then decline.

maybe 2006 was the peak :oops:

probably not

mahya said:
...projected to increase for 2007 and so forth until it reaches its maximum and then decline.

That must be an inside secret or something. How did you come across such info?!?! :D