How many times?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and i have a problem. I just recieved my jan pcat score and i got a 64%. that was my third attempt. the first i got a 43 and 59 the second time and now this. i haven't heard from any of the schools i applied to yet. i have a 3.6 gpa. my question is how many times can one take the pcat? i case i don't get accepted this year, i wouldn't mind retaking it in june but i am just getting tired of taking pcat and my husband is not finding it funny anymore (he thinks i can do better than this). i am tired of disappointing everyone around me. i don't hear so many people saying that they have taken pcat more than 3 times, so i just want to know if there is any form of penalty for taking the exam that many times. how will it affect my application.
please, any response is appreciated
zone :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Zone said:
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and i have a problem. I just recieved my jan pcat score and i got a 64%. that was my third attempt. the first i got a 43 and 59 the second time and now this. i haven't heard from any of the schools i applied to yet. i have a 3.6 gpa. my question is how many times can one take the pcat? i case i don't get accepted this year, i wouldn't mind retaking it in june but i am just getting tired of taking pcat and my husband is not finding it funny anymore (he thinks i can do better than this). i am tired of disappointing everyone around me. i don't hear so many people saying that they have taken pcat more than 3 times, so i just want to know if there is any form of penalty for taking the exam that many times. how will it affect my application.

I'm pretty sure you can take it as many times as you wish. If only wishing for a better grade was that simple! I have taken it two times: 43 and 57 respectively. I think you can request which pcat transcript you send to your desired pharmacy school. Good luck though, just know that there are other people in the same situation. My advice would be to get into the 70s range and you'll be ok. You have a great GPA and have some experience/research of the pharmacy world and you'll be fine.

shaun009 said:
I'm pretty sure you can take it as many times as you wish. If only wishing for a better grade was that simple! I have taken it two times: 43 and 57 respectively. I think you can request which pcat transcript you send to your desired pharmacy school. Good luck though, just know that there are other people in the same situation. My advice would be to get into the 70s range and you'll be ok. You have a great GPA and have some experience/research of the pharmacy world and you'll be fine.

You can't choose which transcript to send to your desired school. A transcript is a record of all scores. So, If you take it 5X, your desired schools will know.

Zone said:
Hi everyone,

That is preety bad honestly. Take it again and be sure to do well. Maybe change yr studying practices. but get a high score above 80. You should join some kaplan or other clubs.

Members don't see this ad :)
just wondering for all you guys here...

how many times have u guys taken the pcat? i'm planning on taking it this june, and applying right after.. so yeah, i was hoping to just take it once. i guess if i dont do well, i could take it again in Oct and send in that score right?

creestoL said:
just wondering for all you guys here...

how many times have u guys taken the pcat? i'm planning on taking it this june, and applying right after.. so yeah, i was hoping to just take it once. i guess if i dont do well, i could take it again in Oct and send in that score right?

It is not uncommon for people to take the PCAT more than once, nor is it looked down upon by an admissions committee. To save yourself lots of time, money, and stress I recommend you study your butt off and do the very best you can the first time you take it! But to answer your question, yes, by all means you can take the test again in October to try for a better score.

Zone said:
Hi everyone,

That is really a difficult situation. I wish you luck. :luck: