how many univ "actually" offer IDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbask

Hammer it when ReD HoT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there

this thread is useful for those who are new to this dds mania.
though ada gives a list of the univ's offering IDP [some 37] for international dentists, i see it actually boils down to a handful of univ's that are really interested in international dental prog.
i'll try posting the univ i know of in this thread later, but if someone could offer their inputs before, it would really help us .thank you.

VBR :luck:

LOOK OUT FOR THE 'IDP' UNIVERSITIES AND CORRESPONDING DEADLINES IN POST # 5 below :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

drbask said:
Hi there

this thread is useful for those who are new to this dds mania.
though ada gives a list of the univ's offering IDP [some 37] for international dentists, i see it actually boils down to a handful of univ's that are really interested in international dental prog.
i'll try posting the univ i know of in this thread later, but if someone could offer their inputs before, it would really help us .thank you.

here is the list
new york university
columbia
boston university school of dental medicine
tufts
upenn
un of michigan
un of pittsburg
un of colorado
loma linda
un of pacific
ucsf
ucla
usc

there are some which have space based program
case western
nova southeastern

some require green card or us citizen as a prerequisite
un of detroit mercy
uni of buffalo
un of tennesse
stony brook

I hope I didn't miss anything

thanks for ur response nimesh,
i was searching for the dead lines to the univ, but most of them were for previous year, do u think these dead lines will be the same for 2006 too.

Members don't see this ad :)
drbask said:
thanks for ur response nimesh,
i was searching for the dead lines to the univ, but most of them were for previous year, do u think these dead lines will be the same for 2006 too.

the deadlines usually remains the same, but you have to constantly check their websites for any updates
i will give you the link to all the american and canadian universities
bookmark this page in your computer and keep checking on and off , because last year, university of colorado suddenly announced their new IDP program and most of them missed it, and than the deadline was over, same thing happened with uni of michigan
so keep checking all the universities websites very often ,so that you don't miss any valuable information and repent later
here is the link

click here

here are the dead lines i found On ada.org

1] new york university -------------------- the dead line was not clear / i didnt get it
2] boston university school of dental medicine - feb1st
3] upenn ------------------------------------ jan 28th
4] tufts -------------------------------------- sep 15th
5] columbia --------------------------------- july 31st
6] un of michigan -------------------------- feb 15th
7] un of pittsburg -------------------------- nov 15th
8] un of colorado -------------------------- apr 30th
9] loma linda ------------------------------- not clear
10] un of pacific ----------------------------- not clear
11] ucsf --------------------------------------- sep 30th
12] ucla --------------------------------------- sep 1st
13] usc ---------------------------------------- sep 15th

14] case western --------------------------- nov1st
15] nova southeastern -------------------- feb 15th

16] un of detroit mercy -------------------- march 1st
17] uni of buffalo --------------------------- feb 1st
18] un of tennesse ------------------------ the web site didnt work
19] stony brook ----------------------------- not clear

Nimesh I think u missed out on these, but i dont know in which section u would like to place them.
20] univ of connecticut --------------------- oct 1st
21] Marquette univ -------------------------- june 1st - some ambiguity

according to the dead line dates, i've arranged the above universities ;

- upenn ---------------------------------------- jan 28th
- boston univ s.o.d.m ----------------------- feb 1st
- uni of buffalo -------------------------------- feb 1st
- nova southeastern ------------------------- feb 15th
- un of michigan ------------------------------- feb 15th
- un of detroit mercy ------------------------- march 1st
- un of colorado ------------------------------- apr 30th
- Marquette univ ------------------------------ june 1st - some ambiguity
- columbia -------------------------------------- july 31st
- ucla -------------------------------------------- sep 1st
- usc --------------------------------------------- sep 15th
- tufts ------------------------------------------- sep 15th
- ucsf -------------------------------------------- sep 30th
- univ of connecticut -------------------------- oct 1st
- case western --------------------------------- nov1st
- un of pittsburg -------------------------------- nov 15th

these were the dead lines i found on the ADA website, guys please correct me if i'm wrong.I wish u took a look at these dead lines, to give ur inputs. I hope this thread helps one in taking the exam on time. be informed.thank you.

drbask said:

Hi drbaskar,

Great job.Actually its very very clear.Excellent thread.Easy to understand.no pains.I appreciate u r effort.At the same time i request U, if you are having any details about the Universities which offers post doctoral programs based on Toefl score, and previous work expereince,good gpa.And if you do this post doctoral programs ,then which states allow us to practice general dentistry or those specialty dentistry.What will be the fee structure for these programs and dead lines for apply.That will be greatful.I tried to serach ada.org websites its very confusing some of them will ask gre, some of them will ask G.C. some of them or not so clear. its very confusing.Plz help me up. It will be use ful for everyone.I appreciate ur concern.Thank you.

hi Mr.Mogely

happy to learn that it was of some help to u. u should thank Nimesh as hez given the list, i've only added the dead lines. I'm sorry to say that i have little idea of post doctoral programs, coz my sole goal is to get in to a dental school to do dds/dmd. I wish i could help u.

hi dr bask & nimesh,
thank u so much for this info..u guys did an amazing job with this ..........this is the real piece of information everyone wants to know abt......i just need some little extra help along with this........if u guys divide the universities which need part 1 alone and the uni which need part 1 & 2, it would b really a gr8 help to come to a conclusion..........

thx so much.....
bye
cheers.......

drbask said:
hi Mr.Mogely

happy to learn that it was of some help to u. u should thank Nimesh as hez given the list, i've only added the dead lines. I'm sorry to say that i have little idea of post doctoral programs, coz my sole goal is to get in to a dental school to do dds/dmd. I wish i could help u.

Hi friends,

Ya, you are right.Nimesh also deserves apprecaition.Thanks Nimesh. Great work.
Can u help me up in this way about post doctoral programs also.That will be very very helpful not only for me but also for so many others .Ya i do agree everybody's goal is to do D.D.S, but there are certain issues were we cant wait,we have to take the available opertunities. if there is chance to practice with these specialty programs then we can go for it. May be we have less options to get good money, but some thing is betther than nothing.Optimistic..,Hope you can give us some valuble information about post doctoral programs also.Thanks.

drbask said:

Nimesh I think u missed out on these, but i dont know in which section u would like to place them.
20] univ of connecticut --------------------- oct 1st
21] Marquette univ -------------------------- june 1st - some ambiguity

hi..
u conn is a space based programme and accepts only permanent residents or US citizens

hi all,
there is one uni. in chicago called Uni. of Illinois at Chicago,(UIC).it also offers certificate program.has 24 seats and deadline is nov 1st.greencard or citizenship status is required.

Deadline for umich is sep 30th and not feb.15.

stony brook deadline is 30th march and they take students with green card is what their site says...

Members don't see this ad :)
nimeshshingala said:
the deadlines usually remains the same, but you have to constantly check their websites for any updates
i will give you the link to all the american and canadian universities
bookmark this page in your computer and keep checking on and off , because last year, university of colorado suddenly announced their new IDP program and most of them missed it, and than the deadline was over, same thing happened with uni of michigan
so keep checking all the universities websites very often ,so that you don't miss any valuable information and repent later
here is the link

click here

:thumbup:
thnks guys...nimesh n bask.....great job...will be reallly helpful to us
keep up the good work

good job..thanks bask and nimesh...can anybody tell me how many uni have 2 years course and how many uni have 3years course? thanks

doc2006

Awesome job guys!..great help to all of us..cud anybody provide info on uni's tat have the 2yr prog and those tat have the 3yr prog??...what about those that have practical exams??

ok here it goes........
2yrs prog.
boston univ
upenn
univ at colorado
ucsf
ucla
uop
usc
loma-linda
temple
tufts
u pittsburgh

3yrs prog.
nyu
suny,stony brook
suny,buffalo
nova,florida
marquette
detroit,mercy

2.5 yrs
columbia
well ,i hope i covered almost all of the colleges,offering idp!did i miss out anycollege?if there is any mistake,plz rectify!
thanks
prady :laugh:
doc2006 said:
good job..thanks bask and nimesh...can anybody tell me how many uni have 2 years course and how many uni have 3years course? thanks

doc2006

U Mich 3 years
Craighton u ?3 years

U Florida 2 years (certificate)/ 4 years (DDS)
U Illinois 2 years (Certificate)

hey rahmed as far as i gather from their web its two years minimum and even their fees structure shows it.
thanks
dd

dmandhy1 said:
hey rahmed as far as i gather from their web its two years minimum and even their fees structure shows it.
thanks
dd
yep u r right

dmandhy1 said:
thanks
dd

You are right. Sorry.

according to the dead line dates, i've arranged the above universities ;

1- upenn --------------------------- [was jan 28th] now its jan 16th'06
2- boston univ s.o.d.m ----------- feb 1st -starts taking appl from aug 1st '05
3- uni of buffalo ------------------- feb 1st
4- nova southeastern ------------- feb 15th
5- un of michigan ----------------- [was feb 15th] now its sep 30th '05
6- un of detroit mercy ------------ march 1st
7- un of colorado ------------------ apr 30th ---part II preferred
8- Marquette univ ----------------- june 1st - some ambiguity
9- columbia ------------------------ july 31st
10- ucla ------------------------------ sep 1st'05
11- usc ------------------------------ sep 15th
12- tufts ----------------------------- sep 15th ---part II needed
13- ucsf ------------------------------ sep 30th
14- univ of connecticut ------------- oct 1st
15- case western ------------------- nov1st
16- un of pittsburg ----------------- nov 15th ---part II needed
17- loma linda ---------------------- not clear---part II needed

I found these dead lines On ada.org -

- case western -------------- nov1st
- nova southeastern -------- feb 15th

- un of detroit mercy ------- march 1st
- uni of buffalo -------------- feb 1st
18] un of tennesse ------------ the web site didnt work
19] stony brook --------------- not clear/sep 30th

Not clear
- univ of connecticut ------- oct 1st
- Marquette univ ----------- june 1st - some ambiguity

VBR

Loma Linda U: September 15, 2005 (Part II required)

SUNY Stony Brook: March 31, 2006 (Part II preferred)

U Connecticut: February 1, 2006 (Part I minimum 90)

I add NYU and Pacific also:

NYU:March 5, 2006
Pacific:September 30, 2005

hi guys, thanks for the inf about the uni & their dead lines. i wanted all this actually i m new in the forum and just started my preparation for part 1 . i wanna know if decks and 10yrs are enough or do i need something else . plz help me . i dont now much about this .

rahmed said:
U Mich 3 years
Craighton u ?3 years

hi all,

a small correction, Umich program is for 2 years. All the Best to those applying for 2006.

sanju

Niti said:
hi guys, thanks for the inf about the uni & their dead lines. i wanted all this actually i m new in the forum and just started my preparation for part 1 . i wanna know if decks and 10yrs are enough or do i need something else . plz help me . i dont now much about this .

hey niti

welcome to sdn
i would like to say that u first get done with decks and those previous exam papers and then u can have an idea and u can go from there on ur own and i wish u all the best. hope u have a nice time in sdn
bye

vbr :thumbup:

rahmed said:
U Mich 3 years
Craighton u ?3 years

hey rahmed
did you mean license from florida stand upper than UIC?
what's difrence bettween these 2?
please, : :) I'm very new to this

hi all ..
Im quite new with this forums thread , but really do appreciate the good job by few ppl , the initial few posts and later ones also , who all took so much time to help others in describing abt te diffrnt Univ wich offers diffrt programs n their durations , good job ppl .. very helpful ..
nident.

BABAK kabab said:
hey rahmed
did you mean license from florida stand upper than UIC?
what's difrence bettween these 2?
please, : :) I'm very new to this

I don't understand your question. Still I didn't mention anything about license. It was all about programs offered and length in Illinois and Florida. If you are new to the forum then please go through the 'Licensure Requirement for International Dentists' at www.ada.org (click the link Education and Training). A first hand knowledge about licensing procedure and different advanced standing programs will help you to decide your future and understand the posts in SDN forum. Good luck.

rahmed

nimeshshingala said:
here is the list
new york university
columbia
boston university school of dental medicine
tufts
upenn
un of michigan
un of pittsburg
un of colorado
loma linda
un of pacific
ucsf
ucla
usc

case western
nova southeastern

un of detroit mercy
uni of buffalo
un of tennesse
stony brook

I hope I didn't miss anything
hey,
I was wondering what a space based program was......... depending on avaiability of seat would be my guess? please correct me if i am wrong ......i was banking on nova, so lemme know.
And you guys have done a great job..........thanks a lot....it really helps out a lot:) :thumbup:

doc_rach said:
hey,
I was wondering what a space based program was......... depending on avaiability of seat would be my guess? please correct me if i am wrong ......i was banking on nova, so lemme know.
And you guys have done a great job..........thanks a lot....it really helps out a lot:) :thumbup:

You guessed correctly. Nova is definitely a program where they take Foreign Graduates only if one (or more) of their Freshman flunk in first year.

rahmed

hi
everyone,thanks for the information .there are lot of people here who have cleared part 1 and have gone through addmission process hope they can guide all the new applicants.....so here are few querries and i am sure it will be usefull for many of us-
1 do all universities require original degree..(since i have provisional with me right now).it is specifically mentioned at uop site
2 wats the difference in public and private dental school?is it fees or quality....there is also lot of confusion regarding nyu some say they charge high while others say its almost same as other schools .can somebody throw light on total expenditure in various schools.....
3 recommendation letters... what i know is that there is no specific format....hope i am right ....any suggestions regarding this???
plz reply...thanks
reet

guys plz answer

hi guys

any idea of how many universities accept WES..........and also if anyone can tell me which universities accept them i would be very thankful.

thanks

hey thats a good question Reet
but sorry to say that i have little idea of different univ requirements. some say boston needs and some say it dosent.
even i wanted to know which univ insist on original degree, coz what i have is only a provisional degree.
Members plz shed some light on this, coz if its a must we have to think of ways to get the original :scared:
thanks in advance

vbr

hi drbask
nobody seems to be intersted in answering this question........
important thing is that we do not have much time....hope we get information soon ...keep me updated if u find something........
thanks
reet

Reet,

No offense meant .. but you can always call up each and every university and find out ... maybe nobody has the information that you want .. but definitely the schools will have .. the list of schools are on the ADA website ..

Good luck

Hi reet,

Try the following link and check with individual dental school website about your querry. It will take you around half an hour.

http://www.healthguideusa.com/dental_schools.htm

Accredited US dental schools that accept foreign dental graduates with advanced standing:

California

University of Southern California
School of Dentistry, Rm. 201
University Park, MC0641
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0641

University of the Pacific
School of Dentistry
2155 Webster Street
San Francisco, CA 94115

Loma Linda University
School of Dentistry
11092 Anderson
Loma Linda, 92350

UCLA

UCSF

Connecticut

School of Dental Medicine
University of Connecticut
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, 06030-3905

Colorado

U Colorado
Denver, CO

Florida

University of Florida
College of Dentistry
Box 100445, JHMHC
Gainesville, FL 32610

Nova Southeastern University
Office of Admissions
College of Dental Medicine
3200 S. University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328

Massachusetts

Boston University
100 East Newton St.
Boston, MA 02118

Tufts University
Office of Admissions
One Kneeland Street
Boston, MA 02111

Michigan

University of Michigan
School of Dentistry
1234 Dental Building
Ann Arbor, 48109

University of Detroit Mercy
School of Dentistry
2500 W. Outer Drive Box 38
Detroit, MI 48219-0900

Nebraska

Creighton University
School of Dentistry
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, Nebraska 68178

College of Dentistry
University of Nebraska Medical
Center
40th and Holdrege Streets
Lincoln, Nebraska 68583

New York

State University of New York
3235 Main Street
325 Squire Hall
Buffalo, NY 14214

State University of New York at
Stony Brook
Health Sciences Center
160 Rockland Hall
Stony Brook, NY 11794

Columbia University
School of Dental and Oral Surgery
630 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032

New York University
College of Dentistry
345 East 24th Street
New York, NY 10010

Ohio

Case Western Reserve University
School of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
10900 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106

Pennsylvania

University of Pennsylvania
School of dental Medicine
4001 W. Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 44106

University of Pittsburgh
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261

Temple University

Puerto Rico

University of Puerto Rico
School of Dentistry
P.O. Box 5067
San Juan, PR 00936

Tennessee

University of Tennessee
School of Dentistry
875 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38163

Virginia

Virginia Commonwealth University
School of Dentistry
P.O. Box 980566
Richmond, Virginia 23298

Wisconsin

Marquette University
School of Dentistry
604 North 16th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233

rahmed

It would be helpful if any one has approx Min Scores that might bee needed for all colleges .

College Name and its Approx Min Score
========================================================

new york university ?
columbia ?
boston university school of dental medicine ?
tufts ?
upenn ?
un of michigan ?
un of pittsburg ?
un of colorado ?
loma linda ?
un of pacific ?
ucsf ?
ucla ?
usc ?
case western ?
nova heastern ?

thanks guys was real value,any how wat about the cutt off s for each in terms of national boards scores n then gpa n toefl???

hi drbask and reet,

i am also in the same situation as you guys..i have only got a provisional degree and not the main degree..if you have any updates on this, pls let me know also

thanks

Deadline for university of Tennessee is December 31st.They require you to be a green card holder,Have part1,part2 ,toefel TSE .It is a space based program.No practical test just an interview.

sparks said:
hi drbask and reet,

i am also in the same situation as you guys..i have only got a provisional degree and not the main degree..if you have any updates on this, pls let me know also

thanks
hi
sparks,i called up usc they dont require original degree
reet

thx reet for the info..But any info on non CA schools like nyu,boston,upenn??

OTE=reet]hi
sparks,i called up usc they dont require original degree
reet[/QUOTE]