How many versions of the DAT are there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Locaboca

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! This is a great site and has really been helpful so far.
Here is my question:

I'm taking the DAT in 2 weeks and my friend is taking it the day before me!
What do you think the odds are for us getting the same questions?
How many versions do they use?
Do they change them a lot?

Thanks for your help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Exactly the same question I was about to aks you guys. Anyone knows? :D
Wish you the best Locaboca. Let me know how it went!

It is my understanding that the every DAT is different. Questions for each individual test are taken from a large master pool of questions at random. It is likely that you will have a few questions that are the same.

Aha....good question. A grad student TA in a micro class i was taking last year studied with a group of people for three months straight and got a 28AA, which he partially attributed to info he got from ppl after they took the test. One guy would take the DAT and then give the others as much info on the questions he saw as he could remember, comparing with similar questions from TOPSCORE, kaplan, etc. Evidently many of the same questions were cycled over three weeks...or at least the same "types" of questions. This makes since in terms of test consistency.

I think it would be a great idea to have a sticky section where ppl could post what kind of questions they have been running across on recent DAT tests. Just knowing where to put a little more review emphasis before hand might make all the difference!