How much are you spending??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ignite hardcore

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much did you all budget for interview season? I just booked a bunch of flights, hotels, cars, etc. today and man, this is starting to add up. The credit card bills are going to be painful to pay after Christmas.

I am trying to keep it all under $6,000, but I'm not sure if that is going to work out.

I wondering how it is going for you all? Where are people finding the best travel deals?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I took out a lot of extra $$ for interviews and eventual relocation for residency... And vacation ;)

I'm not swimming in interviews so I think it will be under 5k. Flights have been pretty cheap... I always check on multiple sites.. I actually bought my cheapest flight for one stretch thru expedia. I've been able to stay with friends or call up long lost friends to crash with for the most part. I priceline rental cars if I need a car.. Someone also told me to check rentals thru costco.com, you can save 20 to 40 percent that way.

A little more debt now is just a dent in the long run. I'd rather stay comfortable and not spend time hunting for bottom dollar and cheaper flights...but that's just me. :D Now's the time to relax as much as possible during this very stressful period in our lives.

Couples match - budgeted about $15,000 for this process.

IMO, the worst part is hearing from programs at the last minute, and buying really expensive plane tickets.