How much debt is too much?

Started by rx27563
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rx27563

Hopefully 08'
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if any of you are worrying like I am about debt? I calculated today that by the time I graduate I will probably owe around $90K.....is this too much debt? I heard the general rule is no more than 10% of your monthly income (if you do the monthly payment plan). This is really scary and its bothering me quite a bit.....anyone find any tricks to avoiding high interest rates or tried the "consolidating your college loans" stuff?
 
90k debt is not much for a professional program. I know people with almost that much debt just for their undergrad