You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How Much Did You Have to SPend on equipment
Started by Bob_Barker27
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Bob_Barker27 said:I am hoping that I can get some estimates from optometry students on what they had to pay for their equipment. Thanks.
over $6000.00 USD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was about 5,000 when I bought mine as a first year.
I think I spent about that, too, spread over about a year.cpw said:it was about 5,000 when I bought mine as a first year.
Bob,
Check eBay before you buy any equipment. Ridiculously cheap trial lens sets and diagnostic kits. Very capitalistic too.
😉
Tom
p.s. caveat emptor on eBay, of course.
Check eBay before you buy any equipment. Ridiculously cheap trial lens sets and diagnostic kits. Very capitalistic too.
😉
Tom
p.s. caveat emptor on eBay, of course.
Tom_Stickel said:Bob,
Check eBay before you buy any equipment. Ridiculously cheap trial lens sets and diagnostic kits. Very capitalistic too.
😉
Tom
p.s. caveat emptor on eBay, of course.
Hey...
I'm going to PCO in the fall and I was just wondering about ur ebay quote...like I dont even know what Im goign to need to buy or how much stuff costs when u buy it new from what they tell u to buy at school. Should I buy stuff early now? Id love to know what Im gonna need and retail prices and what I can save...thanks.. Does equipment vary according to schools? Thanks for any suggestions or comments.
Sonia
Phillygirl98 said:Hey...
I'm going to PCO in the fall and I was just wondering about ur ebay quote...like I dont even know what Im goign to need to buy or how much stuff costs when u buy it new from what they tell u to buy at school. Should I buy stuff early now? Id love to know what Im gonna need and retail prices and what I can save...thanks.. Does equipment vary according to schools? Thanks for any suggestions or comments.
Sonia
I'm a first year at PCO and if I were you I'd wait until you get here to buy your stuff. Yeah it's expensive, but it's nice to have all the representatives from the different companies there to tell you about it, get opinions from the older students, and if something breaks you can get it replaced at the bookstore usually for free. At least wait until then to start looking on ebay if that's what you're going to do.
ODtobe said:I'm a first year at PCO and if I were you I'd wait until you get here to buy your stuff. Yeah it's expensive, but it's nice to have all the representatives from the different companies there to tell you about it, get opinions from the older students, and if something breaks you can get it replaced at the bookstore usually for free. At least wait until then to start looking on ebay if that's what you're going to do.
Do things break that often?
The most common "repair" I've noticed is the replacement of light bulbs (those halogen bulbs can be pretty pricey if you have to buy them yourself).stompy said:Do things break that often?
~$25! 😱
Hey
I didn't mean like serious technical equipment..I meant more like complete trial lens sets which I was told are basically the same with a few minor exceptions so I'm thinking that would be ok to purchase before school...haha..I can't help it...I'm so excited to start that I feel like I need something to look at that's school related
I'm a nerd I know..
I didn't mean like serious technical equipment..I meant more like complete trial lens sets which I was told are basically the same with a few minor exceptions so I'm thinking that would be ok to purchase before school...haha..I can't help it...I'm so excited to start that I feel like I need something to look at that's school related
I'm a nerd I know..hello, i had a question along the lines of the original poster. what is the purpose of purchasing all the equipment? do we have to use our own equipment when we see patients in the clinic as students? i was under the impression that exam rooms come equiped with indirects, trial lenses, retinoscopes, etc. thanks,
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 173
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K