How much did you spend while doing a post-bacc program???

Started by favored
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

favored

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm considering a post-bacc program in New York, but it's hella expensive!!! Did you go into debt while you were doing your post-bacc program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, i'll be matriculating in a couple of months. i worked full-time and took night classes.
 
favored said:
I'm considering a post-bacc program in New York, but it's hella expensive!!! Did you go into debt while you were doing your post-bacc program?


i have 2 friends who were reluctant to do it because of the cost, but ultimately decided to go. they're both in med school now and have zero regrets. what program are u considering?
 
Is there a recommended school in the NYC area to do a post bacc program? this is from a financial stand point.
 
yeah, i've just started looking into the post bacc and SMP programs for next year, this looks like it's going to cost A LOT. and i've already got a good bit of loans out for undergrad. but it will pay off..
 
medicomel said:
yeah, i'll be matriculating in a couple of months. i worked full-time and took night classes.

An issue that I'm dealing with is working full vs. part-time, in addition to engaging in clinical and volunteer experience. What are your recommendations when it comes to this? I would like to work part-time to have some pocket money (esp. since my parents are currently supporting me), take 2 sciences per semester, plus volunteer work. However, I am also keen on avoiding the glide year and would like to finish in a year and a summer.

Another complication - I have a B and a C for 2 semesters of advanced biology from my undergrad years. Should I retake bio? If I do, I may not be able to avoid the glide year. If I don't, I can....please help.

Lastly, how the hell did u manage to work full-time and get into med school! 🙂