How much do you guys study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Titan Uranus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Pre-med here invading your forum

I was just curious, how much do you study on a typical weekday or weekend? What are your schedules like?

How much time do you have for friends and family?

And do you also do any extracurricular activities?

Members don't see this ad.

I was just curious, how much do you study on a typical weekday or weekend? What are your schedules like?

I'm probably an oddball about this, but I do all my studying on the weekends. I don't go to any classes and I just hang out all week, but I study about 8 hours per day on Fri, Sat, and Sun. Before exams though, I'll put in 8-10 hour days starting about 7-10 days out from a long test week.

I hang out with friends at school all the time. I don't live close to any family.

Extracurricular activities... do you count Wii, XBox 360, bourbon, watching most of the new movies that come out, etc? If so, then yes. If you mean school related stuff, then no.

much more than i though i would

typically 2-3hrs a day and then 8ish hrs/day the week before a test...weekends it depends again if its not the week before a test maybe 4-8hrs the whole weekend; the weekend before a test is likely all spent studying/sleeping...again varies from student to student..

Members don't see this ad :)

Brilliant username. :laugh:

2-3 hrs/day after class, which ranges from 8-12 to 8-5 depending on the day. I pay close attention in class, which is my "studying" as well. On weekends I study 8/day because I have a test every Monday for the next two months.

I'd like to add that I started first year hoping I could skip class and study from home while pursuing other interests but after barely passing a class last semester I changed it up to where I am getting constant exposure to the material day in and day out. Its worked somewhat better.

1 day before the test. No, seriously.

1 hour per day for undergrad.

I study a LOT during Saturdays and Sundays... like 10-12 hours plus. The reason is I study very little during the weekdays (just read for an hour or two) so I prepare like hell during the weekends.

Today's an exception of course since it's the Super Bowl!

Undergrad: About 3-4 hours a day weekdays, and it varies between 3 and 10 on weekends. An insane amount of studying, but I'm just trying to ensure I can keep a 4.0.

I have a 5 hr break between my 12 and 5 pm classes...I get all my studying from the previous classes between this block. I try to do the problems first before i review actual text/notes. after 5, whatever. It's proved pretty great so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't study a whole lot... couple hours for an exam. That's about it.

It sounds like this thread was originally intended for med students.

I usually study about 3 hrs/weekday and about 6-7 hrs. on the weekend. Around exam time, though, I just add an extra 30-45 mins./day. It's helpful for me to study early because when exams come around I just spend time sorting out any confusing details instead of cramming all of the miscellaneous facts I can muster.

i don't study. i mean...before a test i'll read...and i'll "study" for lab stuff (but it's more like research--and i am interested in it) but besides that, nothing.

but then again my gpa is not cool. whatevs.

saving all my energy for the next 4 yrs.

Weekdays = 30 min/day
Weekends = 1hr-2hr/day

During exams
4-5 hours/day for the 5 days preceeding an exam

U would think i have all this spare time, but im really good at wasting it :)

Not at all to very little (<1 hour) when there's no exam. Maybe 5-10 hours total before the exam, with 5 being a generous estimate for non-memorization based classes and 10 for memorization based classes.

Study? We're talking about study? C'mon man...for real? study?

/iverson

:D

Study? We're talking about study? C'mon man...for real? study?

/iverson

:D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/YOUTUBE]

Wish we had more input from med students, don't really care what pre-meds do.

This thread was most likely in a med student forum before it was moved.

I think the consensus is that it's very manageable on weekdays (a couple of hours, maybe up to 5 if you're less efficient or like to take your time) and you should have little problems for stress-relieving activities like going to the gym. For test weeks, it just sucks and you might think about killing yourself now and then.

Wish we had more input from med students, don't really care what pre-meds do.

Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ] Premedical student discussion forum

I think it's obvious how much studying medical students do.

Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ] Premedical student discussion forum
I think it's obvious how much studying medical students do.

A lot of med students also drop by here.

Threads often get moved to the correct forum and it might not be obvious from the original post, although in this case, I think it is.

Threads often get moved to the correct forum and it might not be obvious from the original post, although in this case, I think it is.

You're right. This was originially in Allo forum.