Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

how much do you make?

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by theDOCTORINATOR, Feb 16, 2007.

1. theDOCTORINATOR

theDOCTORINATOR Membership Revoked
    Removed

how much do anesthesioligist make during residency and the first year after?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The_Sensei

The_Sensei Membership Revoked
    Removed

Attending Physician
    A little than a lot

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. iron

iron Member
    7+ Year Member

As a resident 40-50k/year depending upon location and year of training.
    As attending, prob. 200-300k.

4. VolatileAgent

VolatileAgent Livin' the dream
    10+ Year Member

i just signed a contract in the midwest at a physician-run private group (that employs a handful of crnas) starting at $240/yr. 2-yr partnership track. they pay the back-end. tiered-partnership, with partners currently pulling between $375-$450K with incentives.

5. sallyjoe

2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Does everybody make partner or do they loose people just before or after making partner?

Did you find all of the people who have recently left and figured out if making partner is a realistic expectation?

6. VolatileAgent

VolatileAgent Livin' the dream
    10+ Year Member

i asked that at the interviews i did. most make partner. there are few who don't.

the practice i'm joining is a bit "top heavy", meaning that they have more than a few (read that: several) partners who are going to be retiring in the next 5-10. i expect that i'm going to work pretty hard the first couple of years, but that the prospects are good if i stick around. they are hiring two this year, and i'm one of them. they hired 5 in the last 6 years, and 4 of the 5 made partner. the fifth is still around and will be partner eligible at the end of this year. so, we'll see.

7. Trisomy13

Trisomy13 ultra
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    rumor has it as attendings we will be able to afford Comcast cable.

and it's Comcastic.

when did cable start costing more than car payments?

8. Planktonmd

Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Expert Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When they tell you about partnership make sure you understand if there is several kinds of partnership: with equity, without equity, full, partial, with or without management duties, any buy in required.... :D
    Unfortunately it's not simple and there is allot of crooks out there.
    Being in the Midwest should give you negotiation power.