• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

iron

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
As a resident 40-50k/year depending upon location and year of training.
As attending, prob. 200-300k.

About the Ads

VolatileAgent

Livin' the dream
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
i just signed a contract in the midwest at a physician-run private group (that employs a handful of crnas) starting at $240/yr. 2-yr partnership track. they pay the back-end. tiered-partnership, with partners currently pulling between $375-$450K with incentives.

sallyjoe

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
i just signed a contract in the midwest at a physician-run private group (that employs a handful of crnas) starting at $240/yr. 2-yr partnership track. they pay the back-end. tiered-partnership, with partners currently pulling between $375-$450K with incentives.

Does everybody make partner or do they loose people just before or after making partner?

Did you find all of the people who have recently left and figured out if making partner is a realistic expectation?

VolatileAgent

Livin' the dream
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
Does everybody make partner or do they loose people just before or after making partner?

Did you find all of the people who have recently left and figured out if making partner is a realistic expectation?

i asked that at the interviews i did. most make partner. there are few who don't.

the practice i'm joining is a bit "top heavy", meaning that they have more than a few (read that: several) partners who are going to be retiring in the next 5-10. i expect that i'm going to work pretty hard the first couple of years, but that the prospects are good if i stick around. they are hiring two this year, and i'm one of them. they hired 5 in the last 6 years, and 4 of the 5 made partner. the fifth is still around and will be partner eligible at the end of this year. so, we'll see.

Planktonmd

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
The South
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
i asked that at the interviews i did. most make partner. there are few who don't.

the practice i'm joining is a bit "top heavy", meaning that they have more than a few (read that: several) partners who are going to be retiring in the next 5-10. i expect that i'm going to work pretty hard the first couple of years, but that the prospects are good if i stick around. they are hiring two this year, and i'm one of them. they hired 5 in the last 6 years, and 4 of the 5 made partner. the fifth is still around and will be partner eligible at the end of this year. so, we'll see.

When they tell you about partnership make sure you understand if there is several kinds of partnership: with equity, without equity, full, partial, with or without management duties, any buy in required.... :D
Unfortunately it's not simple and there is allot of crooks out there.
Being in the Midwest should give you negotiation power.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.