how much do you make?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDOCTORINATOR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much do anesthesioligist make during residency and the first year after?

Members don't see this ad.

A little than a lot

As a resident 40-50k/year depending upon location and year of training.
As attending, prob. 200-300k.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just signed a contract in the midwest at a physician-run private group (that employs a handful of crnas) starting at $240/yr. 2-yr partnership track. they pay the back-end. tiered-partnership, with partners currently pulling between $375-$450K with incentives.

i just signed a contract in the midwest at a physician-run private group (that employs a handful of crnas) starting at $240/yr. 2-yr partnership track. they pay the back-end. tiered-partnership, with partners currently pulling between $375-$450K with incentives.

Does everybody make partner or do they loose people just before or after making partner?

Did you find all of the people who have recently left and figured out if making partner is a realistic expectation?

Does everybody make partner or do they loose people just before or after making partner?

Did you find all of the people who have recently left and figured out if making partner is a realistic expectation?

i asked that at the interviews i did. most make partner. there are few who don't.

the practice i'm joining is a bit "top heavy", meaning that they have more than a few (read that: several) partners who are going to be retiring in the next 5-10. i expect that i'm going to work pretty hard the first couple of years, but that the prospects are good if i stick around. they are hiring two this year, and i'm one of them. they hired 5 in the last 6 years, and 4 of the 5 made partner. the fifth is still around and will be partner eligible at the end of this year. so, we'll see.

rumor has it as attendings we will be able to afford Comcast cable.

and it's Comcastic.

when did cable start costing more than car payments?

i asked that at the interviews i did. most make partner. there are few who don't.

the practice i'm joining is a bit "top heavy", meaning that they have more than a few (read that: several) partners who are going to be retiring in the next 5-10. i expect that i'm going to work pretty hard the first couple of years, but that the prospects are good if i stick around. they are hiring two this year, and i'm one of them. they hired 5 in the last 6 years, and 4 of the 5 made partner. the fifth is still around and will be partner eligible at the end of this year. so, we'll see.

When they tell you about partnership make sure you understand if there is several kinds of partnership: with equity, without equity, full, partial, with or without management duties, any buy in required.... :D
Unfortunately it's not simple and there is allot of crooks out there.
Being in the Midwest should give you negotiation power.