How much do you spend for DAT materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caremkn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi you all,

I'm just wondering how much do you guys spend on DAT reviewing materials. So far I've spent about $150 for DAT books (Kaplan, Barrons (older edition), some CDS with a lot of practice test). I know it's cheaper compared to Kaplan course but yes, as an unemployed student, I just think it's so expensive :(. I'm thinking about buy Cracking DAT/PAT and DAT destroyer but they will make up at least $200 more. Anyway, just curious how much do/did you guys spend on yours? :)

Members don't see this ad.

just dont take the kaplan course, you will save alot of money there. just get destroyer, cdp, topscore, and the rest. trust me this will only be a cheap change compared to how much you will be oweing after dental school^^

Members don't see this ad :)
Well let's see...so far I am using:

Topscore $60
Kaplan Blue Book $45
CDP 10 tests $100
Cliffs AP Bio $10
Destroyer $150

So that's $365 and that's not including old orgo and bio textbooks. Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous...I haven't taken the DAT yet, but I better do damn well after spending all that $ on study materials. :laugh:

I dont know if you can put a price on the materials that you need in order to do well on your DAT and get into dental school. Having said that I would strongly recommend that you invest the destroyer as well as cliffs ap bio, crack the dat pat and the kaplan review book. Good luck studiyng

I personally believe that anything you spend on the DAT is an investment that will pay off when you become a dentist, so you gotta spend money to make money. GoodLuck