How much do you think a neuro-otologist makes?

Started by JP2740
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JP2740

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's not many out there, and not much info out there. What do you think in relation to a general neurologist?
 
There's not many out there, and not much info out there. What do you think in relation to a general neurologist?

A few neuro-otologist that I have met are actually ENTs that did fellowship. So, they make much more than a general neurologist :laugh:

Typically, the ENTs get into surgery for Menieres is what this boils down to.

Now, many neuro-opthalmologist have an interest in neuro-otology, it all goes together.

What would a neurology trained neuro-otologist do:
--Probably look at a lot of VNGs
--Get dumped on with every "dizzy" patient
--Refer to ENT with surgery is needed.

Would they really make much more than a general neurologist? I have no idea!! I suppose with the proper training, they can review and bill for VNGs but not sure how much cash flow potential there is? I suppose this is an up and coming specialty.