How Much do you Workout?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While you can get bigger in the gym. you can still put on muscle doing p90x if you increase the weight each week just like you would in the gym. I bet none of you talking crap about p90x have tried it or could complete a signal workout fully in your current condition lol. Then again people are always capable of surprising you.

I started p90x ab ripper a couple weeks ago after reading this thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=713516
pretty awesome stuff
 
While you can get bigger in the gym. you can still put on muscle doing p90x if you increase the weight each week just like you would in the gym. I bet none of you talking crap about p90x have tried it or could complete a signal workout fully in your current condition lol. Then again people are always capable of surprising you.

the amount of muscle you put on depends on your diet numbnuts...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started p90x ab ripper a couple weeks ago after reading this thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=713516
pretty awesome stuff
yea its definitely a decent program

the amount of muscle you put on depends on your diet numbnuts...

for someone on a pre-med forum you know jack **** about the human body... numbnuts. You want to debate the importance of diet vs exercise lets go because there is no debate. They are equally important. You want to debate which rep range is optimal for muscle building or the amount of calories you should eat above your bmr to build muscle with minimal fat gain? You know the first thing about macronutrient ratios that are appropriate for your goals or the different diets with different theories like Keto? Compound vs isolation exercises? Free weights vs machines

probably not. So many people on this forum try to come off condescending. Judging by your statement you shouldn't be making any statements like that. Im far from an expert too. I know we have bodybuilders and athletes that far are more knowledgeable than either of us but I dont go around talking calling people names saying false stuff like you do lol
 
Last edited:
Oh please.

They are perfectly safe to use if you have good connections to get pharmaceutical grade, manage the doses and ancillaries.

Nothing quite like a 12 week 750mg Test E, 300mg Deca stack, (pinning 1x a week)kicked off with 4 weeks of Dianabol at 30-50 mg everyday.

Really, unless you are incredibly unlucky or incredibly stupid, the only side affect you will have is acne.

And the gains, and the feelings of godlike energy (the feeling of having several times more testosterone in your body than when you were 16 is delicious), are worth it. Just don't cycle too often, or do something stupid like blast and cruise.

Also, for your first cycle, just do Test E, 500 mg is fine, for 10 weeks, and see how you do. Different people have different sensitivities. Also, never use underground lab/veternary grade stuff. Inside the USA it is very difficult to get real pharmaceutical grade, but in many other countries the pharmacies will give you whatever you want.

Of course, HCG, post cycle therapy (clomid/nolva), and ample recovery time are necessary.

Hmmm, every journal I have read indicates that the benefits do not outweigh the costs. I guess I'll have to do some research of my own. Pedro will be happy that he may be getting another new client
 
yea its definitely a decent program



for someone on a pre-med forum you know jack **** about the human body... numbnuts. You want to debate the importance of diet vs exercise lets go because there is no debate. They are equally important. You want to debate which rep range is optimal for muscle building or the amount of calories you should eat above your bmr to build muscle with minimal fat gain? You know the first thing about macronutrient ratios that are appropriate for your goals or the different diets with different theories like Keto? Compound vs isolation exercises? Free weights vs machines

probably not. So many people on this forum try to come off condescending. Judging by your statement you shouldn't be making any statements like that. Im far from an expert too. I know we have bodybuilders and athletes that far are more knowledgeable than either of us but I dont go around talking calling people names saying false stuff like you do lol

lolwut? I smell an armchair warrior/manlet.

u-mad___camron.jpg


inb4zyzz
 
Last edited:
Before medical school: 6x/wk, 1.5 hrs/day
During medical school: 5x/wk, 1 hr/day

If you are dilligent, you will have time to work out in med school.
 
first of all I'm so jealous, I've been trying to get abs for a while now. I'm the skinny fat person and I've been trying so hard to go to the gym and eat healthier but it never works out. plus we have this "clique" of hardcore workout guys that intimidate the heck outta everybody else at the gym and they just love gloat about how much they can lift etc . And not a lot of girls go there so i'm usually the odd person there, hopefully things will change this summer and i can finally get the abs that i want!
.
It's all in your head, nobody at the gym is judging you and if on the off chance they are, they're a dickhead. Just do you man, don't worry about how much you can lift just make sure you're using proper form. You'll get there, everybody has to start somewhere.
 
I lifted for 3 years straight, got pretty big. Then I decided to focus on school, back to my old slim self. Maybe i'll get back to it one day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With the process of getting in to med school getting more and more competitive along with all of the loops that one has to jump through now just to even have a shot at getting in, how does one stay balance, and devote enough time to staying health and fit. 😎

I know for me, I used to be in the gym 6 out of 7 days a week, at least two hours a day. Sadly, I used to even be a personal trainer, and people PAID ME TO HELP THEM LOSE WEIGHT (had one of my clients even lose 50 lbs)!😀 But now, as a junior getting ready to take the MCAT, along with a full load and all the other stuff, I barely have time to even go to the gym. Every time that I do go, its just a reminder of how much of a fat slob i've become. And if I do go and workout hard like i used to, i find that I am way to dead to even try to study

How much time do you guys devote each week to working out? please be specific and also clarify if this is during a regular school year, summer, or during the duration of studying for the mcat or other extracurricular activities.
I probably should start going to the gym again.
 
for someone on a pre-med forum you know jack **** about the human body... numbnuts. You want to debate the importance of diet vs exercise lets go because there is no debate. They are equally important. You want to debate which rep range is optimal for muscle building or the amount of calories you should eat above your bmr to build muscle with minimal fat gain? You know the first thing about macronutrient ratios that are appropriate for your goals or the different diets with different theories like Keto? Compound vs isolation exercises? Free weights vs machines

probably not. So many people on this forum try to come off condescending. Judging by your statement you shouldn't be making any statements like that. Im far from an expert too. I know we have bodybuilders and athletes that far are more knowledgeable than either of us but I dont go around talking calling people names saying false stuff like you do lol

image.png


Anyways...Nutrition/Exercise science major here...4-5x/week and always try to maintain a healthy diet. Who knows what they hell they will say about recommendations in the future but I like to think my clean eating and avoiding processed foods and what no will help me to live a healthier life when I'm older
 
I get up early and go climbing for about 45 mins before class. Then after class I run, swim, or bike for an hour or so.

I usually do 3 days on and 1 day off .
 
With the process of getting in to med school getting more and more competitive along with all of the loops that one has to jump through now just to even have a shot at getting in, how does one stay balance, and devote enough time to staying health and fit. 😎

I know for me, I used to be in the gym 6 out of 7 days a week, at least two hours a day. Sadly, I used to even be a personal trainer, and people PAID ME TO HELP THEM LOSE WEIGHT (had one of my clients even lose 50 lbs)!😀 But now, as a junior getting ready to take the MCAT, along with a full load and all the other stuff, I barely have time to even go to the gym. Every time that I do go, its just a reminder of how much of a fat slob i've become. And if I do go and workout hard like i used to, i find that I am way to dead to even try to study

How much time do you guys devote each week to working out? please be specific and also clarify if this is during a regular school year, summer, or during the duration of studying for the mcat or other extracurricular activities.
I Do upper body day, leg day, rest day cycles weekly and watch my calories loosely while avoiding generic high caloric foods. I also force myself to drink tons of water and so far ive been much leaner than before. Also try to cut sodium intake for less bloat and lower blood pressure.
 
Probably 20 hours/week when my right arm is in motion when I'm writing things down on a piece of paper trying to study. Also walking from class to class. That's it.
 
D1 athlete here. August-March is 2 hour practice in the morning before class, 2.5 in the afternoon after class 5 days a week, plus either a 3 hour workout on Saturday or competition and travel on the weekends. Not much time for EC's (except athletics) during the season. But it's all about priorities. If you have to workout 4-5 hours a day to get school paid for, you make it work.

Took the MCAT during the off-season so I was only practicing 2-3 hours a day and no weekends. Needless to say that much exercise is completely excessive.

Basketball? That was my schedule in college. Like to a T. Except I was at a D3 school and we didn't get paid for sports, so I added a work study job on top of all that work. We always said that our coaches never knew that they were D3 since they worked us like we were on scholarship. All academic scholarships right here
 
It's all in your head, nobody at the gym is judging you and if on the off chance they are, they're a dickhead. Just do you man, don't worry about how much you can lift just make sure you're using proper form. You'll get there, everybody has to start somewhere..
If you are quarter-squatting or not even close to parallel, slamming 315 into the rack, and acting like you just owned some records, you better bet I'm judging you.
Not squatting below parallel, or at least parallel, really grinds my gears (especially when it's the bros quarter squatting and screaming.)
/end rant.

I lift on average 4x a week, 5x is my goal. I'm all strength based right now, but need to cut 5-10lbs before competition season so cardio is coming 🙁
 
@breezy16

Well yeah, but I was talking about judging him if he's a beginner and can't lift much, if someone does this they are an dingus.

But there is nothing worse than somebody doing what you described. It's up there with curling in the squat rack.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@breezy16

Well yeah, but I was talking about judging him if he's a beginner and can't lift much, if someone does this they are an dingus.

But there is nothing worse than somebody doing what you described. It's up there with curling in the squat rack.
Absolutely. I will never judge a beginner!
Curls in the rack........ :barf:
Go get a preacher bar!!
 
What kind of regimen should I try for a bootylicious squat butt?
Depends how seasoned of a lifter you are 😀
If you squat heavy and want to be absolutely destroyed (but can gain like 45lbs+ in 6-8 weeks), look up Smolov. As a female, I went from 315->365lb squat in 6 weeks, guy friend went from 420->495lbs. Both raw lifters.
 
Depends how seasoned of a lifter you are 😀
If you squat heavy and want to be absolutely destroyed (but can gain like 45lbs+ in 6-8 weeks), look up Smolov. As a female, I went from 315->365lb squat in 6 weeks, guy friend went from 420->495lbs. Both raw lifters.

That bulk life though. Always wanted to compete in powerlifting but apart from DL my 6'0" frame never handled the weights well. Too much basketball/volleyball/softball/equestrian killed my knees. Prepped for a bikini show but then realized I shouldn't be almost naked lathered in tan and being photographed if I want to apply to med school...
 
Oh also, I work full time and will be taking classes in the spring as well. Practice iifym and I try to work out 5x a week and I also play in 3 basketball leagues and a football league. I have a squat rack/bench/full weights set in my basement so I have that advantage of not having to work in with other people.
 
Oh also, I work full time and will be taking classes in the spring as well. Practice iifym and I try to work out 5x a week and I also play in 3 basketball leagues and a football league. I have a squat rack/bench/full weights set in my basement so I have that advantage of not having to work in with other people.

So jealous, I can't even. (I'm only 5'5ish so bench and squat come much more naturally😉 we shorties have a slight advantage)
 
So jealous, I can't even. (I'm only 5'5ish so bench and squat come much more naturally😉 we shorties have a slight advantage)

I'm one of a very few women I know who are decently tall (although I feel short because my dads side of the family runs from 6'2" @ females and 6'6" @makes) who actually appreciate their gargantuan vertical gifts. But of course all I want to do is powerlift even though I'm built for BB