How much does a PCAT score affect the decision process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TennisBoy78

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On my first attempt on the PCAT, I obtained an average composite score. Although I hope my score will increase this second time, I figure that it can't increase by much. One, has anyone heard of stories where people increase their score significantly the second time(if so, what did they do)? Besides, when I took the SAT, I could never crack a good score.

Two, in a week I will have finished all of my pre-reqs for 2007 admission. Since my GPA will remain pretty much at a 3.6 (even after Orgo II hell), does this say anything? Also, I obtained a bachelor's degree in business years ago. Does this help?
 
TennisBoy78 said:
On my first attempt on the PCAT, I obtained an average composite score. Although I hope my score will increase this second time, I figure that it can't increase by much. One, has anyone heard of stories where people increase their score significantly the second time(if so, what did they do)? Besides, when I took the SAT, I could never crack a good score.

Two, in a week I will have finished all of my pre-reqs for 2007 admission. Since my GPA will remain pretty much at a 3.6 (even after Orgo II hell), does this say anything? Also, I obtained a bachelor's degree in business years ago. Does this help?

Take it again my friend. I got a 72 the first time, an 89 the 2nd. My studying methods were exactly the same both times. I think that I was just less nervous, and knew what to expect. So yes take it again, it's worth it.
 
I retook the PCAT a year later and my composite improved 15%. Take it again -- you will have more school under your belt, know what to expect, and know where you need to improve the most.

Good luck!!