How much does a Plastic Surgeon make?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steiner_99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am not a medical student, but my girlfriends brother is a Plastic Surgeon in Turkey.

He is Happy in Turkey (no plans to move) and makes enough to live happy, but,

I am just wondering if anyone could give a ballpark approx. of the salary of a Canadian Plastic Surgeon?

and maybe that of an Americian Plastic Surgeon?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about Canada, but according to AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) the annual salary for plastic surgeons ranges from $153,000 to $410,000. (Go to Google and type in "plastic surgeon salary" - it's the 2nd link.

About a third of that goes to taxes and malpractice insurance.

deschutes said:
I don't know about Canada, but according to AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) the annual salary for plastic surgeons ranges from $153,000 to $410,000. (Go to Google and type in "plastic surgeon salary" - it's the 2nd link.

About a third of that goes to taxes and malpractice insurance.

The avg for Canadian Plastic surgeons is 260K. It runs from (the lowest avg of) 200K in Quebec to (the highest avg. of) 439k in Manitoba!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont plastic surgeons make millions in some parts of the US like: Los Angeles, Beverly hills, miami, Ny...etc. They are usually also very popular. :thumbup:

steiner_99 said:
Hello, I am not a medical student, but my girlfriends brother is a Plastic Surgeon in Turkey.

He is Happy in Turkey (no plans to move) and makes enough to live happy, but,

I am just wondering if anyone could give a ballpark approx. of the salary of a Canadian Plastic Surgeon?

and maybe that of an Americian Plastic Surgeon?

Thanks,

Let's see if I got this right: You're not a medical student, neither is your turkish girlfriend. Her brother, the plastic surgeon, has no plans to move to Canada (just as well - I think it would be extremely hard, if not impossible, for him to get into a Canadian plastics residency to get licensed!).
So then why do you want to know how much plastic surgeons make in Canada? :confused:

Do plastic surgeons make a lot in turkey?

CircleTheDrain said:
The avg for Canadian Plastic surgeons is 260K. It runs from (the lowest avg of) 200K in Quebec to (the highest avg. of) 439k in Manitoba!

Does that mean Manitobans are exceptionally ugly, or have high incident rates of body dysmorphic disorder? :p

leviathan said:
Yes. You should move there, now. Go, quick!

Ok good idea, bc i was so interested in moving there.

steiner_99 said:
and maybe that of an Americian Plastic Surgeon

They make way too much and keep the rest of our minimum wage too low. :thumbdown: