How much endocrine do we need to know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfmontpoker

I hate chemistry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
How much endocrine is on the DAT? Do we need to know different types of tropic hormones? Like TRH activates the release of TSH in the anterior pituitary? Or do we just need to know mostly what the hormones target and function is? Thanks a bunch.

Also how much knowledge/depth is expected to be known for Glucose Oxidation (Cellular Resperation)?

RING12

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much endocrine is on the DAT? Do we need to know different types of tropic hormones? Like TRH activates the release of TSH in the anterior pituitary? Or do we just need to know mostly what the hormones target and function is? Thanks a bunch.

Also how much knowledge/depth is expected to be known for Glucose Oxidation (Cellular Resperation)?

do not spend that much time on thoes, b/c there won't be any question on thoes. the only thing was on my test was about brain. spend more time on plants,animals and ecology and mandle and darwin stuff.

Streetwolf

Ultra Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would know this:

Anterior Pit: GH, LH, FSH, Prolactin, TSH, and ACTH
Posterior Pit: Vasopressin (ADH) and Oxytocin

Know what their targets are.

Know the BASICS of the thyroid (basal metabolic rate + it needs some iodine)
Know the BASICS of Prolactin and Vasopressin

Know the differences between insulin and glucagon (what cell types secrete them, what they do, where they act, etc).

That's probably all they'll ask you unless I'm forgetting something important.