• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

golfmontpoker

I hate chemistry
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2006
North Carolina
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
How much endocrine is on the DAT? Do we need to know different types of tropic hormones? Like TRH activates the release of TSH in the anterior pituitary? Or do we just need to know mostly what the hormones target and function is? Thanks a bunch.

Also how much knowledge/depth is expected to be known for Glucose Oxidation (Cellular Resperation)?

RING12

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
How much endocrine is on the DAT? Do we need to know different types of tropic hormones? Like TRH activates the release of TSH in the anterior pituitary? Or do we just need to know mostly what the hormones target and function is? Thanks a bunch.

Also how much knowledge/depth is expected to be known for Glucose Oxidation (Cellular Resperation)?

do not spend that much time on thoes, b/c there won't be any question on thoes. the only thing was on my test was about brain. spend more time on plants,animals and ecology and mandle and darwin stuff.

Streetwolf

Ultra Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I would know this:

Anterior Pit: GH, LH, FSH, Prolactin, TSH, and ACTH
Posterior Pit: Vasopressin (ADH) and Oxytocin

Know what their targets are.

Know the BASICS of the thyroid (basal metabolic rate + it needs some iodine)
Know the BASICS of Prolactin and Vasopressin

Know the differences between insulin and glucagon (what cell types secrete them, what they do, where they act, etc).

That's probably all they'll ask you unless I'm forgetting something important.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.